Issues With A Reinstall

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Issues With A Reinstall

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Hey everyone,

Okay, I've recently added JKA to my laptop with the RPMod, but now I have done, I've noticed some differences to how it was on my PC. First off, there's this VERY annoying little beep that occurs every time someone types in a message (IC or OOC) ingame, and I couldn't hear that with my PC. Moreover, the Force Power sounds are a little off. Is there some pack I've failed to download?
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is you've changed computers. You've got different speakers, which are probably at least partially responsible for the slight differences you hear in the sounds. Other than that, were there any other mods installed to your Base folder on your other computer that might have replaced sounds?

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Actually, I'm using the exact same speakers as I was with my PC - I've simply hooked up the PC speakers to my laptop ;)

As for your second question, I have absolutely no idea, since I can't access the harddrive on my PC to find out. But is what I'm hearing normal - is that little beeping noise supposed to come up? I know it used to do so on Base JKA, but I've never heard it when using RPMod. Any ideas?
Qor Teth, Yuthnmro

Post by Qor Teth, Yuthnmro »

maybe you have something set up different in the volume controls for the PC and JK3.

right click the volume thingy on the bottom and choose audio properties...
check the settings in jk3 maybe there is something there.
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

The beeping sound you're talking about is a BaseJKA feature. You get used to it after awhile. The Force Power sounds I can't help you with, though.

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Qor Teth, Yuthnmro

Post by Qor Teth, Yuthnmro »

maybe you can edit it if it's in one of the asset files.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

The chat sound is a normal feature of BaseJKA. RPMod replaces that sound with a beep one to hopefully be more discreet and less annoying than the Commlink sound, that is now only used when you use /comm.

You can disable the chat sound by typing "rpc_disableChatSound 1" in your console.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Thank you, Master Raun.