Strong NPCs

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Strong NPCs

Post by Jamus Kevari »

After going through the library of hostile Dark Jedi NPCs and combating them, I feel that perhaps there could be some "Master programs", just like we have programs for the students. Currently, the most difficult programs aren't terribly challenging for a capable Jedi Knight or Master in terms of pure Force power, as they are limited to the level 3 max powers of regular JKA. I feel that creating (or perhaps editing) NPCs with powers such as a high Lightning, Protect, Grip, or even having a higher HP could potentially be rather useful training programs for the higher ranks in honing their skills.
Ze'eal
Lost One

Post by Ze'eal »

I agree, Earlier today I saw Master Loist destroy programs like crazy, all without sweating
Current age, 27
Birthday is .06

Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

You won't ever get good at anything screwing around with stupid NPCs. I don't care how much HP they have or how fast their yawspeed is.

Aknaross Myotis
Lost One

Post by Aknaross Myotis »

I believe that this is breeche for some RP explanations.. Once we edit some NPCs for that kind of level, we could create NPCs with the appereance of old Sith Lords. Use them not as a regular hologram program, but as a hologram from a Sith Holocron. That makes more sense and even more restricted to the Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters.

Also, our regular holograms could be droids with a saber, or some kind of dark jedi more acceptable then regular cultists from JKA.

|age_??|height_1.83m|weight_81kg|race_echani|mentor_corinth.alkorda/nivek.tholmai|padawan_ametha.tasia|

Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Ctathos wrote:You won't ever get good at anything screwing around with stupid NPCs. I don't care how much HP they have or how fast their yawspeed is.
False. The stronger NPCs in MP make you more alert because of their ability to land large, quick hits, therefore improving evasive abilities. What I am suggesting is helping the Knights and Masters be more prepared against high-level Force abilities, improving strategies with RPMod.
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

Jamus Kevari wrote:False. The stronger NPCs in MP make you more alert because of their ability to land large, quick hits, therefore improving evasive abilities. What I am suggesting is helping the Knights and Masters be more prepared against high-level Force abilities, improving strategies with RPMod.
Impossibilities in bold.
False conclusions underlined.
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

These are but opinions, on all sides.

My suggestion remains.
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

They are marginally useful in some areas, and at least entertaining while waiting for someone to join the server, or so forth. It'd be nice, since I don't believe it's hard to do (Sorry if I'm wrong on that), to have them at a level that actually challenges the higher levels.

It's not needed, but I believe the want is large enough to warrant interest.

Thanks.
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

It would be nice to have some equivalents to Jared, Gabe, Corinth etc. just for practice. Therefore Jamus wouldnt have to own them only when they are on the server.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

meh this isn't really a RPMod suggestion, as it's just saying "hey let's make npcs" lol. though... im not sure if lvl5 powers for npcs would work. regardless, i'd be happy to whip up some npcs and upload them to teh server. the skins and what-not can be set when they're spawned. i'll ask soh about the lvl5 abilities. consider it done, mes amis.
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Lynee'alin wrote:
Jamus Kevari wrote:False. The stronger NPCs in MP make you more alert because of their ability to land large, quick hits, therefore improving evasive abilities. What I am suggesting is helping the Knights and Masters be more prepared against high-level Force abilities, improving strategies with RPMod.
Impossibilities in bold.
False conclusions underlined.
It was a suggestion for Knights and Masters you are neither. Saying somebody improving their ability using an npc is IMPOSSIBLE is just ignorant.

This is an RPmod suggestion mostly because the Base NPC's only go up to level 3. I don't see a problem with it, then again I'm not a Knight or Master either. NPC's are unpredictable to me, so I don't see why Knight's and Masters wouldn't have a training program of some sort.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Atrux Nuro wrote:It was a suggestion for Knights and Masters you are neither. Saying somebody improving their ability using an npc is IMPOSSIBLE is just ignorant.
She was saying that it doesn't necessarily follow that harder NPCs = an improvement in player ability, which is true. Harder NPCs mean you have to try to raise your game a little bit, but if you're looking at people such as Master Kevari or Master Loist, NPCs of an increased level may only be slightly harder than the standard NPC, rather than becoming something that might actually force them to raise their game to a higher standard than it's already at.

And, for reference, even if Lynee is neither Knight nor Master, she passed her Knighthood trials and STILL outranks you, so be good enough to adhere to the etiquette required of you when addressing someone of a higher rank.

Now, speaking for myself, I absolutely agree that we could use some higher level NPCs for the Knights and Masters - that said, even our lower-level NPCs don't seem to use their powers on our existing map, beyond Force Jump. Moreover, I'd consider setting a cap on the level of Force Powers they could obtain, because having an NPC use Force Push to the level of Master Alkorda would be pretty ridiculous (and easily abused, knowing how some bots use their powers when active!).

Plus, and I want to make this clear, we have to consider what benefit is gained from this. Fighting a bot is by no means the same as duelling a real player, and is more often a case of hack and slash rather than strategy. At most, the gain you would have from such a development would be in learning to channel your Force Powers for counter and defense, and even then, players would probably be a better option. Adding high-level NPCs might be useful for the occasionally bored Knight or Master, but beyond that, I'm not sure I see the benefit.
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

While I agree that Lynee still deserves respect as both an Adept and older member as deemed by the council, let's not get into scrapping here about something as simple as asking for beefed up kyle's and reborn's to entertain the higher levels as we lower ones are by walking into our the training bot room.

I'm glad you're so willing Gabe. Seems it's settled.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

I must emphasize 'stupid' NPCs. I don't care what level you set them at, they're dumb as a rock. Look at the amount of coding that goes into it and the Q3A AI. You will never, ever, learn to get as good as someone at Jamus's level by spawning NPCs, never.

But as Gabe said, it's as easy as changing a 2 to a 3 in a NPC file. But anyone who has played this game knows if you just do a chain of two horizontal red stance swings you can take out any npc in the game. And with RPMod... just spam on the Storm 4+ or Push4+ or Pull4+.

Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

NPC's will always remain NPC's - you can raise their level or whatsoever, but you can't raise their AI - therefore it's obvious that no matter what level you give them, people are smarter and will have little to no difficulties to beat them. (With having proper abilities, depending on their lvl on this mod, of course)
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.