RGB Colors

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Iverian Prey

RGB Colors

Post by Iverian Prey »

I want to recommend adding more colors to the RGB option if possible. I know it's not really all that important, but it would help have much different options and characterization in our sabers.

I'm not sure how hard this would be to do, but I'm hoping it'd be rather easy.

As example, I hope to one day have a steel gray lightsaber for Iverian. This isn't possible with the current RGB options though because the closest thing you can get to gray is a slight white or else white with touches of green, blue, or red and the colors they make when mixed.

Thanks.
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

If this is possible, it'd be awesome. Can we just edit it so that 0, 0, 0 makes black? That seems easier than making it ROYGBIV (red orange yellow green blue indigo violet), amirite?

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

Well, for me personally, I don't really care all that much about having black. That and red aren't really all that useful for us beyond when sith are played with having red sabers. (( Though, many know that I've planned on Iverian having a red tinted saber "Someday" for a long time. We'll see what the future holds ))

I'm more of going for more options in general. For the time being, achieving colors like steel gray or deep virdian and etc is impossible to do because all our colors are from white on, no darker tint availible for deep rich colors.
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Even so, having black would be a nice option.

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Allowing 0, 0, 0 as black would make the colors more true to their ACTUAL color. Though currently using the /rgb_saber# #,#,# command suffices well enough, in contrast to using the sliders, which tend to skip numbers.

Arik is right Iverian, triple zero black would get you what you want.
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

Personally, I'd absolutely hate to see black.
:?

Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

I agree with Nivek, I don't even think there are black lightsabers in star wars

You can't choose what is right

Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Aayla Vigil wrote:I agree with Nivek, I don't even think there are black lightsabers in star wars
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/game ... unleashed/
Undefined
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

Seraph wrote:
Aayla Vigil wrote:I agree with Nivek, I don't even think there are black lightsabers in star wars
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/game ... unleashed/
One more reason for me not to like star wars TFU :)

You can't choose what is right

Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Better link:

Look through here until you find "Black". If Wookieepedia says there's black, there's black :P

But the point isn't to have black, the point is to have colors that look more vivid and diverse.

Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Sorry Arik, I'm with Nivek.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

As a lightsaber utilizes energy, and that beam of energy must produce light, a black lightsaber wouldn't be feasible.

HOWEVER, to have black instead of a lesser glow for RGB the colors would be more true to their RGB values. Perhaps it might be more legitimate to cap the RGB lower end limit (to say, values of 60) if we were going to do TRUE colors with 0,0,0 being black.

EDIT: thinking about the cap now, that wouldn't necessarily be such a good idea, considering some colors are 0, 127, 255 or something. But I don't see anything wrong with just saying "No black sabers in RP you wankers".
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Nivek wrote:

:?

My feelings exactly, along with the ever-popular white.

Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

I don't really want to see black, I was just saying, it could be an option and it would help achieve what Ive wants.

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

I have to say, I'm not really sure why people who can only use blue and green base particularly give a damn about adding more RGB anyway. That and nobody's said if it's even viable yet :P

And for reference I, too, am against the black lightsaber. It's a really dumb idea.