RGB Colors

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Aslyn wrote:I have to say, I'm not really sure why people who can only use blue and green base particularly give a damn about adding more RGB anyway.
I have to admit i'm in agreement there.
It's nice to be optimistic about the future but lets face it, this would only really benefit Knights and above who, through authority, have the ability to go out into the Galaxy and locate unique crystals of varying hue.

Even if this was actioned, only a handfull will really benefit.
Plus giving this option would just lead to an uprising of players with 20,000 different crystals so that they can essentially chop-and-change colours to fit their moods.

I'd far rather see unique colours given to people who have earned it through merit and achievement rather than by getting the choice by default whenever somebody builds a saber.

I'm not in disagreement with the intention of the suggestion, just the impacts of it.

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Im for this only if the WoW, LotR, and Final Fantasy weapon packs get integrated for us to use.

Or I'm just for it.

But no black saber.

*cough*
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

Gabe Alkorda wrote:Im for this only if the WoW, LotR, and Final Fantasy weapon packs get integrated for us to use.
*cough*
You know how many weapons there are in WoW alone? Lol, close to 5,000 different weapons.
RP Age: 14
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

Black saber=dumb

Deeper, darker, richer colors=good

That was my only point. And yes, it would only benefit knights, but eventually, that means it will benefit all who are going to be knights, which is hopefully every student of JEDI. :)

It's a simple idea.

And Aslyn, who else would worry about it? The knights and masters already built their sabers, it would be we students preparing to build ours to think of it. ;)
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Can we just agree that if this is possible, it's a good idea?

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Qor Teth, Yuthnmro

Post by Qor Teth, Yuthnmro »

Iverian Prey wrote:Black saber=dumb

Deeper, darker, richer colors=good

That was my only point. And yes, it would only benefit knights, but eventually, that means it will benefit all who are going to be knights, which is hopefully every student of JEDI. :)

It's a simple idea.

And Aslyn, who else would worry about it? The knights and masters already built their sabers, it would be we students preparing to build ours to think of it. ;)
Black as a saber color wouldn't really be dumb, IMHO. Ever hear of black lights? Anyway, I think adding an alpha slider and a different slider set for the the core, would be cool. Clearer saber colors(alpha/transparency) would imply the use of colors that aren't visible to humans, UV/Infared. A slider for the core color would be very nice because it would add a little more diversity.

0,0,0 =black
m,m,m =white
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

That thing about the black saber/black light comparison would've been awesome had black lights not been an insanely bright purple. :P

Anyway, I like the idea about an alpha slider, even though, canonically, only one crystal actually makes a clear blade (Barab Ore Ingot). And only two crystals change the core color (Mantle of the Force and Heart of the Guardian; I know this because I took a full 2 years to make a mod for KotOR2 that added them into the game and did a bunch of other stuff with them. Still haven't released it... okay, I'm way off topic now). So while these are good ideas, they wouldn't make too much sense in the RP unless everyone had one of those special crystals. Honestly I'd prefer to just make 0,0,0 black and have, like Alk said, a rule against black sabers.

Soh, could you bestow us with your heavenly light of insight? (English: Please tell us if this is possible) :P

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Qor Teth, Yuthnmro

Post by Qor Teth, Yuthnmro »

I would agree with it not being cannon to have a bunch of types of clearer blades and different core colors, but isn't JEDI set in an era that is about 200 years after anything cannon? Meaning that discoveries and the like are likely to have been made, maybe someone eventually uncovered an abundance of strange new crystals?
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

0,0,0 is all white. :(
Bram Philipi
Lost One

Post by Bram Philipi »

Nivek wrote:

Personally, I'd absolutely hate to see black.
:?

I have seen black used in JKA before with a mod, and it really didn't look good or realistic at all. Something about it didn't feel right. But the spirit of wanting new vibrant looking colors is great and I'd love to see more of that. And I want to say I think JEDI has made great leaps and bounds in that field.
So this is what the Force feels like...

lena aleksandorvna
Lost One

Post by lena aleksandorvna »

<And for reference I, too, am against the black lightsaber. It's a really dumb idea.[/quote]

I am with aslyn and nivek.
I find the idea of a black saber just an add for a bigger choice in colours to make it more interesting.I dont thing a black crystal can be used for a saber because as i know black doesent let light throuh. I am for the white it represents Silver crystal wich exists in like Kotor 2.
I am with the idea to have a RGB colours seeing how many diffrent colours there are.
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

If this passes, please bear in mind that certain crystals are extremely rare to find meaning people will need to be carefull when choosing a colour.

I'm maybe being nit-picky here but I kind of like the idea of traditional coloured sabers going to all levels and keeping the more unique hues to Late-Knights and Masters.

I can just see people getting unrealistic and having a different and rare colour for each outfit they have just so it matches.

I'm not trying to simply shoot the idea down, it's just I know there are a lot of people who would treat this realistically, but some others... Well..

Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

Vantus wrote: I can just see people getting unrealistic and having a different and rare colour for each outfit they have just so it matches.
This would require you to have a different saber hilt for all each color. Last time I checked, you're only allowed two different hilts in the weapon pack.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

Vantus, while your worries are in good attention, we're simply asking for more color and richer color options. If anyone gets crazy, we all will recognize it and be able to mention it to them if it's unrealistic.

And Lena, the silver crystal is much like what I'm aiming for with Iverian, but that's the problem. A nice gray/silver is imposible to reach right now. Closest you can come is a white with a slight blueish hue.
Indilia Von
Lost One

Post by Indilia Von »

that 'silver' crystal you guys are speaking of is Mantle of the Force.
which it self is very rare.
and so is Heart of the Guardian.

but I'd love to have more RGB colors to chose from, however I think this moves more towards Knight's, Masters, and so on, even Solo built Padawan sabers.

But still, it would make a good addition.
''One's Path is shown, in the latter years, for some and for some..in the early years'' ~ Indilia Von