Jet Pack/Flamethrower Support

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Jet Pack/Flamethrower Support

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Title explains it all. It would be awesome if we had jetpack and flamethrower support like in ja+.
Aknaross Myotis
Lost One

Post by Aknaross Myotis »

Perhaps.. some mountaineering cables like in JA+... Jedi have those cables.. Don't they? ^^

|age_??|height_1.83m|weight_81kg|race_echani|mentor_corinth.alkorda/nivek.tholmai|padawan_ametha.tasia|

Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Aknaross Myotis wrote:Perhaps.. some mountaineering cables like in JA+... Jedi have those cables.. Don't they? ^^
Used to abseil most of the time, though the general JA+ populous seem to think they're for covering wide tracks of land in seconds...

Abusable unless given by an admin command to prevent everyone (including guests) having them.

As for the Jetpacks and Flamethrowers, so long as it is also only given out by people with admin rank.

Sure why not! :)

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

JA+ has a system of grapples that work much as you're suggesting.
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Aslyn wrote:JA+ has a system of grapples that work much as you're suggesting.
That's what Aknaross and I are talking about. :P

Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Gabe and I found a way to get the jetpack already. Last night AFTER he posted this. ^_^
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Can't Jedi conjure fire? ((More powerful jedi any how))
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

I've never heard or read about any Jedi having pyrokinesis as an ability, however, since they can create lightning from their finger tips, it doesn't seem like a completely impossible power.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

It is possible to get a jetpack. If you enter /give all (the cheat command), it will give you a jetpack, which works fine. However... no flamethrower, and no grapple hook.

And yes, of course, all of this would be controlled by admins, just like merc and empower ;)
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Phoe and Soh decided that Grapplehook was rubbish when RPmod was first being coded.. which is why we don't have it.

I'm with them on this.

And yes, Jetpack can be given by someone with God Admin and as it is only ever used in missions, and rarely at that, this works just fine.

DELETE TOPIC!
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

It'd still be a good idea to have jetpack be give-able via an admin command. And if the grapple hook were reworked to be more realistic (which is definitely not the case on most ja+ servers), I think it'd be quite useful.

And i still want my flamethrower! :P
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

If I had a JKDF2 .cog that was checksum compatible and had a grapple hook with proper physics, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too tough to do in JKA with a Q3 engine.

Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Could give a slower version of the grapple hook to padawans and above. Just make the ascension slow not the shot. Why would anyone want to abuse a rope that only carries you .000009 feet per second. Jedi make mistakes too, I imagine that's why a few of them had grapple hooks.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Rare but possible?

Post by Sasha Raven »

grapple hook were reworked to be more realistic
Practical in a non force abusive sense. True to realism. A must have for any Jedi on the go.
And i still want my flamethrower!
I understand the problem in just blindly allowing any joe to have the ability to shoot fire. STILL, Jedi masters ((Who have trained in doing so))
should be able to create things like mist and rain fire etc. I don't see the problem so long as it's not abused like an initiate who was just granted jump 1.

ALSO, this should *obviously* be restricted in a few ways. IE, knight or above class definition. For instance. It's pretty un realistic for someone who is a beefy guardian to be able to conjure fire considering their training was greatly focused around the combat arts. NOW, ((if I have not lost you.)) Someone who was a master consular would be a more realistic candidate for a chance in LEARNING ((Key word)) said abilities. I don't think we should simply count any advantage the engine allows us.

My two cents, thank you.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Eh, I'd rather avoid turning flamethrower into a force ability lol (although, if its a good idea, go for it), but I meant rather like an item for bounty hunter characters and the likes to use.

I'm also thinking in a wider scope than JEDI alone, however, as RPMod will eventually be released to the public. I'm sure there's tons of people that would love to have a flamethrower. RPMod: Be all you can be.