Sensing Health

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Sensing Health

Post by Jamus Kevari »

I don't know if this is possible to implement, but it at least exists in single player so I thought it worth a mention. If possible, I'd like for Sense 5 to be able to sense a person's stamina, with the "bar" located above their heads like we currently have the names do.

Again, don't know if it is possible, but I feel it'd be a "cool" addition.
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

That's a very good idea, and if it is do-able I'd love to see it implemented, but perhaps level 4 as well as 5. ::Ponders::
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

This is implented into MB2 somewhat, so it is possible.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

I see no harm in it, so why not.

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I agree with Master Tholmai about level4 having it as well. Sounds good to me :D
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

That's a very nice idea, I had seen it on MB2 already, and I believe that having it could be useful for our RP.

You can't choose what is right

Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Yes... except it reinforces the idea that we're taking multiple hits before we fall in a spar, rather than one 'winning' hit unless the readout is explicitly implying 'stamina' rather than health.

I personally think it's a useful game mechanic expansion - but I'm unsure about it's applications as an implicit part of 'sense' in an RP context. I'll do some research and see if there's a precedence for being able to sense a persons fatigue levels.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

I think this was planned in the original Force powers chart Axem had made, and I like the idea..

I had looked into it a long time ago and, as far as I remember, faced the following problem: enabling the health display would show it to everyone no matter the Sense level, and even when not using Sense. Of course, the necessary protection could be implemented in the RPMod client, but BaseJKA clients would still be able to see the health of everyone..

What do you think? Is the benefit added by the suggested feature worth having such an exploit in BaseJKA clients?
Last edited by Soh Raun on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Nope. Why not just add this to Sense 3 and above? The FP description says that it's incorporated into Sense 5, so maybe just lower the level requirements on it?
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Jared wrote:Precedence for being able to sense a persons fatigue levels.
If you were as in tune as say, I don't know...Gabe. Then would you not just be able to tell through the force that an opponent were having trouble catching their stamina or balance? Also, in 'Jedi Knight Single player' while using sense the bar appears bright and kind of like a block. If this were implemented, I would suggest a revamp to make the bar more 'translucent' if you all catch my drift :?: :wink:
Soh wrote:What do you think? Is the benefit added by the suggested feature worth having such an exploit in BaseJKA clients?
Sadly no...
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Aslyn wrote:Nope. Why not just add this to Sense 3 and above? The FP description says that it's incorporated into Sense 5, so maybe just lower the level requirements on it?
I think the point Soh is making, Aslyn, is that it cannot be tuned to certain levels. It's either on for all or off for all.

I'd personally not like to have it on if it means seeing it all the time.

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Oh, then the FP description in the Information section is erroneous ;)
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I'm *pretty* sure what Soh meant was this:

If you have the RPMod client, it can be set to only a certain level of Sense.

If you *do not* have the RPMod client, then you would always see everyone's health.

So as long as you have the RPMod client, you're fine.

I think it's a perfectly acceptable "exploit", because A) How many guests do we get that don't have the client installed, and B) What does it matter if they can see our health or not.

I definitely say go for it.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Aslyn wrote:Oh, then the FP description in the Information section is erroneous ;)
The FP description talks about displaying names. Jamus was talking about displaying a health bar, which is a different matter.

It's possible to implement the health bar feature and have it work fine with the RPMod Client, however BaseJKA clients would see the health bar no matter their Sense level and even without using Sense at all.

I tend to agree with what Gabe said: there aren't many BaseJKA clients and even if they see the health, it's not a big deal.
Last edited by Soh Raun on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Aslyn wrote:Oh, then the FP description in the Information section is erroneous ;)
It's not.
The FP description for Sense does exactly what it says on the tin at the moment.
Adding the feature for displaying HP bars is obviously different than displaying the player name else i'm sure Soh'd have it done.

::Edit::

Check our post times, Soh.
Way to go for simultaneous posting. lol.