JH-101/Medpacks

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

JH-101/Medpacks

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

For those of us with more than 50-70 health, the current system regarding health and shielding following a spar seems to be in need of a bit of an overhaul. Back on Mon Calamari, we had the JH-101 droids to provide health and shielding. On Yavin, we usually have to divide a scarce number of medpacs and shield units between people that oft share over 600 hp total between them.

As such, could we possibly have one of the following things?:

a) the JH-101 droids brought back (one in the Arena, one in the main training room, one in the duelling rooms, though that may be excessive)

b) an increase in the HP/Shield provided by the Medpacs and Shield units (I'd recommend 100hp per Medpac and 200 per shield unit)

c) a faster rate of regeneration for Medpacs and Shield Units

Thanks for reading!
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Very well done Aslyn.

I've noticed the respawn time for Health is longer (almost double) the respawn time of the Shields.
I'm sure it'll reduce waiting times during peak moments like at Jamus' Lightsaber Class where you have multiple players all needing to top up quickly.

I think all three of those points are valid.

/support.

Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Good call Aslyn! More droids = good!
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

If Master Kevari wished it, he would be more than able to have A-48 or JH-101 observe his class and offer any assistance where necessary.

I personally feel that every major training area is very well stocked with shield batteries and medpacks but there would be nothing wrong with temporarily having either droid in the room if it saved some time.
b) an increase in the HP/Shield provided by the Medpacs and Shield units (I'd recommend 100hp per Medpac and 200 per shield unit)

c) a faster rate of regeneration for Medpacs and Shield Units
I'm not sure this is possible without altering the map - but any updates to the temple will take these issues into consideration.

Also, if needs be, shields could be obtained from the training room, duel rooms 1 and 2 and the medbay/duel room 3.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

It's just more of an inconvenience than a problem. When it's me on my own there's more than enough. However when there are multiple players all needing topped up, it becomes a bit of a scrap and people then start spamming heal etc. :lol:

Running out of room to go to another room is a bit pointless as:

1) we get shot down for running in the corridors
2) If we walked to another room, re-shielded and walked back, the health kits will have respawned in the original room.

It's just impatience getting the better of us really, but it does cause a temporary state of OOC madness. :P

I'm up for having a Medical Droid slapped in the Holo-Training room whenever a Knight or Master with suitable admin rights is next free. :)

Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

If I understand this, it's only a problem during a class, which are held by Knights with NPC admin... so it's not a problem. It's just up to them to spawn the right droid...
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

It's always a problem. Only in the arena is it NOT an issue, because you've got 4 medpacs and 4 shield units available, so 2 of each are available to two duelists. In the dojos, however, that's cut in half for the same (if not more) amount of players. And when you've got Guardians running around with 200/200 HP/Shield, that eats up two shield units and 6-7 medpacs if you don't have Force Heal. Bit of a problem when there are 2+ people needing replenishment.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Jared wrote:If I understand this, it's only a problem during a class, which are held by Knights with NPC admin... so it's not a problem. It's just up to them to spawn the right droid...
.. namely, medical_droid with an appropriate targetname to be able to destroy it after the lesson. Example:

Code: Select all

/npc spawn medical_droid classdroid
/npc kill classdroid
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

What's the point in all these big strong Guardians having a total of 400 HP/SP if they have to replenish shields after a spar?
Bit of a problem when there are 2+ people needing replenishment.
It takes about a minute to wait for shields to replenish twice. Patience is an integral part of Jedi life. As I said, we'll look into increasing the shield payload but honestly, I don't personally support having extra droids permanently spawned (and consuming Gamestate Chars each time they are used) just because it's killing people to wait a minute before they spar again.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

I agree, that many droids would be a nuisance, but I figure it's an alternative.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

The trick to inner happiness is to find pleasure in even the most mundane of tasks.
Try having a topical conversation while you wait for the shields to respawn.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Geez, wow. Yeah, an update is needed for the npc pack, one which I am more than willing to do as it takes about 3 seconds.

*THEN* surely we can leave some droids spawned in "strategic locations". Waiting for health+shields is a pain, as well as unrealistic if you want to get technical... "Oh drat there's nothing sitting here on the shelf, I guess I'll have to wait a minute for a battery to magically appear!"

At least having droids do it is realistic.
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

I don't know if it's been a wrong belief for all this time, but isn't more droids = more lag ?

There is the droid Aslyn wrote about, JH-101, which can easily be spawned by any knight or above, but having 1 more droid in each sparring room would increase lag and possibility to crash.

Also we have to considere that waiting for each person to complete a conversation with a droid to gain shield takes more than waiting for the shields to respawn themselves.

Having 'more' shields in the glass boxes would be an ideal solution instead.

You can't choose what is right

Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

Here is a better solution: Don't get hit too often. :)
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

HA HA!
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip