Slowing your descent

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Slowing your descent

Post by Moza Ferorn »

I have recently become a fan of OJP. And One of the features is be able to jump from high altitudes and slow your descent down by pressing jump again while in mid air. It takes a bit of Fp. The longer you hold it, the more FP is drained. This video demonstrates:

http://www.xfire.com/video/8a1fb/

Questions? Comments? Concerns?
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I can't really tell how it works from the video, but the concept seems like a good one. If it were added, I'd say we'd need to add fall damage back to all levels and simply use this as a substitute. It'd be more realistic, in my eyes.
Aknaross Myotis
Lost One

Post by Aknaross Myotis »

I've seen a lot of features of OJP.. that could be easily adapted on RP Mod (once Soh took a few things from outdated versions).

I've got a friend that works on the project with.. who knows what. But he is a programmer like Soh.. must do something important on OJP.

Anyway.. the OJP E 1.3 version is about to be released.. Myself have a version of it, a preview.. but there are a few things they will be applying for final release.

I've promised to Soh to gets it Source (once it's an open source mod), so he can add several of its features.. such as this one for "Force Slowing" on jump.. Impulse jumping on Force Speed (basically you tap the key for speed.. and it will speed you slightly to jump longer/ holding the key for more than an instant = base JK effect)... saber ignition/disignition flash effect.. new jump animations.. new saber stances and several things more..

(I've heard after this release they will release a patch to turn able to use force telekinesis (hold/push/pull) on vehicles and stuff from throwable stuff (from JK3))

I can help a few people who wants to experience it.. uploading the preview I have in hands.. then we start a server.. note some of the features and suggest here to see what the majority thinks on.. When Soh gets the source.. we watch his magic coming into play..

Cya

|age_??|height_1.83m|weight_81kg|race_echani|mentor_corinth.alkorda/nivek.tholmai|padawan_ametha.tasia|

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

That'd be a pretty neat thing to have, but I agree with Gabe - fall damage would have to be put back on, or the ability ought to be restricted to Jump 3 and above.
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

I like Aslyns idea of level restriction, or else you're going to have children jumping off balconies and down lift shafts all over the place.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Syrena Exan wrote:I like Aslyns idea of level restriction, or else you're going to have children jumping off balconies and down lift shafts all over the place.
Agreed.

It's amazing to think of all these new force abilities but trying to keep them under control when in game is like pulling teeth.

Selan
Lost One

Post by Selan »

Syrena Exan wrote:I like Aslyns idea of level restriction, or else you're going to have children jumping off balconies and down lift shafts all over the place.
mm sounds good, i mean most jedi in the movies can jump off buildings and land unharmed