Messagemode_Huh?

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Jhas Dawn

Messagemode_Huh?

Post by Jhas Dawn »

I looked over the binds to see what buttons were blank in rpmod so that I could bind some emotes (emsit etc.), and I got confused at a few binds. I tried pressing the buttons for them and only two worked, so I would like clarification.

Messagemode_1: Normal talking
Messagemode_2: Nothing
Messagemode_3: Whisper
Messagemode_4: Nothing
Messagemode_5: Nothing

I'm pretty confident that Messagemode_2 is team chat, therefore I understand why it doesn't do anything (RPmod is FFA :P), but I've never heard of 4 or 5. I thought one of them could be a shout function, but it didn't do anything. So what do they do?

Also, how much are non-saber weapons used in rpmod? Because I usually use buttons 0 to 9 then start counting down for my speech binds.
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

From the Command List topic under the Information Board wrote:
  • /say_admin <message>
    Send a message to the admin chat
  • /say_clan <message>
    Send a message to your current clan chat
  • /say_bond <message>
    Send a message to people with who you share a Force Bond (telepathy)
  • /comm <target> <message>
    Send a message via Commlink (with animation). <target> can be any name, or "all" to send a Broadcast message
  • /me <action>
    Send an "emote" message in the form of <your> ::action::
  • /say_team_mode <team | admin | clan | tell <target> | bond | comm [target] | emote>
    Define the chat channel of the say_team command/key. Without argument, display the current mode.
  • /clanpass <password>
    Create a clan chat channel (private group chat) with the given password.
Hanshin Nightfall wrote:Also, how much are non-saber weapons used in rpmod? Because I usually use buttons 0 to 9 then start counting down for my speech binds.
Guests and hopefuls will 99% of the time never see a weapon in their hands, be it a blaster or explosive or saber. We don't allow people to trudge into the temple armed to the teeth, let alone to the ankles.
However, your binds are your own issue.
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

I usually find it adequate to just have next/previous weapon binds, even as a Jedi Knight. The number of times I need to quickly switch to a certain weapon is very low, since we are Jedi-centric and other scenarios are fairly sparse.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

Guests and hopefuls will 99% of the time never see a weapon in their hands, be it a blaster or explosive or saber. We don't allow people to trudge into the temple armed to the teeth, let alone to the ankles.
However, your binds are your own issue.
I'm thinking ahead. I don't want to have to discard my binds if I someday find myself using weapons.

@Chat info:

Whoever made this mod...
is...
a...
GOD!!!

But blasphemy aside, that's cool. I'm guessing guests and hopefuls don't get comms?
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Hanshin Nightfall wrote:I'm guessing guests and hopefuls don't get comms?
You could, if you have a plausible reason to. But then you would still have to figure out the temple and personal frequencies.
Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

Yeah, I don't think I'd be able to get a plausible reason besides reaching into the history of my character and pulling out something useful.

Oh well, thanks! I guess this topic has served its purpose. And a trivial, fleeting purpose it was...
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Cyril Feraan wrote:I usually find it adequate to just have next/previous weapon binds, even as a Jedi Knight. The number of times I need to quickly switch to a certain weapon is very low, since we are Jedi-centric and other scenarios are fairly sparse.
Except when Knights+ arm themselves to the teeth and lag the server massively while scrolling through their armaments...
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Aslyn wrote:
Cyril Feraan wrote:I usually find it adequate to just have next/previous weapon binds, even as a Jedi Knight. The number of times I need to quickly switch to a certain weapon is very low, since we are Jedi-centric and other scenarios are fairly sparse.
Except when Knights+ arm themselves to the teeth and lag the server massively while scrolling through their armaments...
This is default. When necessary to use, RPmerc automatically arms with all weapons. We have no choice but to "arm ourselves to the teeth". Most administrative ranks cannot exclusively grant themselves one weapon.

Still, such situations are sparse enough that I only use two or three weapon binds. The majority of my binds are reserved for numerous other purposes, such as em or admin commands.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Well, that's where the problem is :P
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

And scrolling through weapons shouldn't lag everyone on the server, it should just lag the player scrolling through them. I may be wrong, though...
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

It'd be great if it did, but it does not.
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

It lags all players who are able to literally see the weapons.

Its like breaking mind trick, if you swing, the trick will be broken only if they could see you. If they were in another room, it has not effect.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru