Aura

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Aura

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Just curious, this might be a neat RP enhancement.

When we sense, we see a glowing aura around players and npcs. It's obvious that the color can be changed for different purposes, but can the size of the aura change? If possible, it would be interesting to increase the size of the aura by level, so that it'd be possible to sense greater power by just looking at someone.

Just a thought.
Last edited by Corinth Alkorda on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

That would be really neat!
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

That'd be good, but then again, wouldn't it be easier to have it made player-modifiable? What if you're trying to hide your presence, but have a large aura as a result of your level?
Viron Roan

Post by Viron Roan »

Great idea! /support
Blavek Araven
Lost One

Post by Blavek Araven »

Interesting idea, I support this.

born_241.06|homeworld_uvena.prime|mentor_rash.loist_shimi.zaki|padawans_z'phos|

>>> Secondary Character GR-7 <<<

Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

/support

Would be awesome.
| Age: 10 | Race: Zeltron | Homeworld: Dantooine |
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Aslyn wrote:That'd be good, but then again, wouldn't it be easier to have it made player-modifiable? What if you're trying to hide your presence, but have a large aura as a result of your level?
You could simply log out.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

/support
RP Age: 14
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

Only if the size is made variable by the sensing players themselves. I don't want people's auras to block my view.
Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

I think this would be cool, but only if you were able to implement another power, to compliment it. And that power would be to hide your aura. Logging out works and all, but its just a pain. Plus, hiding your aura is some training that a lot of Jedi receive, and would be a good counter part to just cloaking/mindtrick

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Plus you can't mind trick or use any other ability if you're logged out ;) And a guest still gives off an aura.
Svetina Aakreum

Post by Svetina Aakreum »

If someone's using Mind Trick, why not have their aura hidden?
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

There's a huge difference between using mind trick and hiding your presence in the Force. Hiding your presence in the Force is a bit more complicated than "tricking someone's mind". The two powers should be completely unrelated.

For the time being, I think the farthest we'd ever get with these suggestions is simply implementing the "larger aura" thing. New powers and the likes are something that won't come for quite some time, as Soh has said numerous times throughout the life of RPMod.

I really like the idea/ideas, and would love to see them implemented, however.
Saos Nartu (old)

Post by Saos Nartu (old) »

You have my support, this is a decent idea.
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

/Support
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian