Possible new walking animation

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Possible new walking animation

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

I'm curious as to whether or not we can import animations from JK2. If we can, I'd really like to import and add this animation. I've always been very fond of it.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Yeah, that should be okay, as long as there's a transition from neutral standing position to that, prior to walking.
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

I agree, this seems like a good animation if it's possible to include.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

I think that's excellent!
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

certain things would need to be taken into consideration in regards to this. The first thing being that this animation is obviously "walking" meaning it will not have a stationary purpose.
So that means the animation would need to be ACTIVATED while walking or else your character would appear to be Moonwalking.

The only thing I can think of is that if it is implimented, it would be dealt with in a similar matter as Auto-walk. The player presses the button and the character moves forward on its own along with the animation and crouching or moving backwards will stop it.

I'm all up for it though and i'd still like an official comment on whether or not JK2 animations CAN be ported over or not.

Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

It looks good. Though the models with "outcropping parts" (so to speak) such as myself, blavek, and afew others, may have conflicts.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I like that animation.
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Me too
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Koa'da Torik

Post by Koa'da Torik »

Vantus wrote:certain things would need to be taken into consideration in regards to this. The first thing being that this animation is obviously "walking" meaning it will not have a stationary purpose.
So that means the animation would need to be ACTIVATED while walking or else your character would appear to be Moonwalking...
Not necessarily. If you notice, it begins stationary, with the right foot slightly raised. That could be a plausible starting emote which then transitions into walking when you move.

Click sig for skin, mirror replaced
“Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty” ~ Socrates
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Koa'da Torik wrote: Not necessarily. If you notice, it begins stationary, with the right foot slightly raised. That could be a plausible starting emote which then transitions into walking when you move.
It's not so much of a "Starting point" as the beginning of the animation loop. If you were to utilize that emote and remain still, your character would stand there with one leg raised like a Flamingo.

Okay that was an exaggeration but I feel it wouldn't be suitable as a static pose. :P

Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Put it in!
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

I believe, like the /ematease walking stance, that this emote (if transferrable) could be made into a "standing-still-while-rubbing-your-chin" emote, which would allow you to walk while engaged in it.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:I believe, like the /ematease walking stance, that this emote (if transferrable) could be made into a "standing-still-while-rubbing-your-chin" emote, which would allow you to walk while engaged in it.
That would be perfect.

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I kind of like the /ematease. I think that animation should just be it's own instead of replacing a different one.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Delmi wrote:I kind of like the /ematease. I think that animation should just be it's own instead of replacing a different one.
Yeah, no need to take out /ematease it's a classic!
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip