Lightsaber mod

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Xaran Varc

Lightsaber mod

Post by Xaran Varc »

For years I have absolutely hated the standard Jedi Knight 3 lightsaber blades. I therefore came up with a mod of my own. What this lightsaber mod does it basically change the lightsaber's blade to the appropriate thickness and colours.

I figured, I might share it. It supports RGB colours.

Here are some screenshots (they do look better when you actually select them in game):

You can download it: here.
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

If you want the same lightsaber cores with your RGB lightsaber colours, then do the following:

Locate "RPMod-Client-Assets.pk3" open it and browse to gfx\effects\sabers. Rename the files from your desired downloaded or created lightsaber mod into "rgb_core.jpg", "rgb_glow2.jpg" and "rgb_line.jpg" and overwrite them.

Many thanks to Alkur Tekeil.
Selan
Lost One

Post by Selan »

Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

Selan wrote:It looks a bit like this..

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/E ... ISED;43749
Not really.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Xaran Varc wrote:
Selan wrote:It looks a bit like this..

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/E ... ISED;43749
Not really.
A Proper Response wrote:Thanks for the share and suggestion. I'll give it a try and see if its to my liking as well!
Hopefully, in the future, forum members will focus on improving their roleplay rather than trying to discredit and over-analyze suggestions. A member didn't like the way his graphics were rendered, so he adjusted them and out of his kindness decided to share for those who were similarly inclined. To attempt to nullify his work would often be seen as a sign of contempt.

Encourage each other folks. Forcing someone into a defensive position over a mere suggestion is absurd.

Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

Selan was adding another, similar yet perhaps more preferred by some, suggestion to Xaran's suggestion.

Stop over-analyzing.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

This thread has over-served its purpose. It's finished.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Gidan

Post by Gidan »

There are 3 files in the RP file and in yours there are multiple ones, Do you put them all in or do you only pick one color? I'm alittle confused. I might have just read your instructions wrong but I am not sure... Thanks for the help!
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

Gidan wrote:There are 3 files in the RP file and in yours there are multiple ones, Do you put them all in or do you only pick one color? I'm alittle confused. I might have just read your instructions wrong but I am not sure... Thanks for the help!
I am a little confused as to what you're talking about...
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

From what I can tell, he meant that the one Selan posted has multiple files, whereas yours has one, so he was asking if it was limited as a consequence. I think :P
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

Aslyn wrote:From what I can tell, he meant that the one Selan posted has multiple files, whereas yours has one, so he was asking if it was limited as a consequence. I think :P
Then the answer would be: nay.
Gidan

Post by Gidan »

Xaran Varc wrote:If you want the same lightsaber cores with your RGB lightsaber colours, then do the following:

Locate "RPMod-Client-Assets.pk3" open it and browse to gfx\effects\sabers. Rename the files from your desired downloaded or created lightsaber mod into "rgb_core.jpg", "rgb_glow2.jpg" and "rgb_line.jpg" and overwrite them.

Many thanks to Alkur Tekeil.
Sorry if i made it a bit unclear, in the RP mod folder, there is the rgb_core.jpg, rgb_glow2.jpg and rgb_line.jpg but in your mod, you have a blue_glow2.jpg, green_glow2.jpg, red_glow2.jpg, yellow_glow2.jpg, purple_glow2.jpg, and orange_glow2.jpg same as _line.jpg. You said we are to replace the ones in the RP folder with the ones in yours. Do we have to pick which color we want or do we put them all in some how? Sorry for the confusion and sorry if this confuses you more... lol
Gidan

Post by Gidan »

Never mind, I figured it out, i was just confused because there a multiple files, but they are all the same.... Sorry about that. Thanks though, i hated the way the base sabers look as well.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I'm a little confused as how to make this RGB compatible. Could someone explain it further?
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri