Gradual FP Drain Powers

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Just a thought here.

Rather than calling them the KOTOR Guardian, Consular, and Sentinel... perhaps a revision is needed. My first thought was to keep the way the force abilities unlock the same while ensuring each level of each class has the same force and health/shield points. Then I realized it is kind of nice to have a unique set of force and health points to add some variety to the roleplay. At the same time, there's also the idea of having each class gain the same force ability at the same time while keeping the differences in force and health points.

I know the current system has many hours put into it, and I always thought it worked well. However, I didn't go through the current system as a Padawan.

Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Vantus wrote:...all I have as an advantage is extra Shields and HP which isn't necessarily a bonus of Force Sensitivity rather that of a good Work out and hard training.

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Though you could technically argue that the Guardians shouldn't get better shield generators that the rest of us ;)
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Exatly. It doesn't make sense. Having a ton of health? Sure, why not.

Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Aslyn wrote:Though you could technically argue that the Guardians shouldn't get better shield generators that the rest of us ;)
I actually don't disagree with that Aslyn!

But uhm... That's for a different suggestion me thinks.
This Is about changing the way Absorb works.

It's my fault for going off on a tangent in the first place, so apologies there.

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I think the best solution for abilities such as protect, absorb, etc, would for them to not have a *constant* drain, but simply an amount of FP taken away each time the ability is *used* (not simply activated). For example:

I turn on Protect, no FP is used.
I am hit with a saber, and depending on how much damage the hit would do, FP is taken away accordingly.
All the while, my force pool does not regenerate, it simply sits steadily.
I turn off protect, and my force pool begins to regenerate.

The same would go for absorb.

The problem brought up about speed is an interesting one, and I'm not entirely sure what I think about it. My earlier thoughts need some revision, I believe.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Not a bad idea, actually. That would make the skills more practical, for sure. That said, would the normal FP regen still be active for the duration, because if so, you could have a Master running around with almost limitless Protect/Absorb 5 that wouldn't cost them any FP until actually struck, and even then, that'd just regenerate and leave the rest of us incapable of countering.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Nah, while any power is activated, there will be no force regen. The only exception being higher levels of absorb where your force would regen from the energy you absorb (as it is now).
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Ahhh Ignore my last post! I got confused and thought we were discussing this in Jamus' thread about Absorb. -10 attention points for me.

I think we're slowly heading in the right direction so far as comming to an agreement. I know i'd rather not have any change TOO drastic as everyone has kind of gotten used to how things work. Plus it's really only a small handful of us that are discussing it. I'd rather not change things that everyone else is happy with and be responsible for destroying everyone's enjoyment of the game. :P

I think what I personally would prefer is just to have the FP drain or cost values of certain powers reduced so that those with little Force Pools can still have the allowance to enjoy some decently levelled powers.

It's difficult to decide what is fair and what is not. There is no "Stamina Bar" and every Special move or Ability takes away from the Force Pool, it makes it hard to decide what to do with phsyical traits like Speed and Katas for example.