Sense/telepathy/empathy messagemode

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I like this idea.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Eh...sure, I guess so. I do this constantly, but through the use of /tell ^5 . It's not difficult, so I guess I just don't really see a need for it. It's not a bad suggestion...I just think it's a bit of unnecessary coding.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

I'm now with Vantus and Master Corinth.
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

I like the idea. I'd like to add something though. I think it would be pretty cool if you could set something in your own characters account, like a "current emotion" so all of your actions appear in a different color or something, such as:

Red =Angry
Blue=sad
light blue=relaxed
White=nuetral

Just an idea. Over all I support the idea, as long as it's not too complicated to add to the mod.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Maybe that could be extended to the Force Sense ability? We know that we currently perceive auras based on the game's FOF settings (green for friendly, yellow for neutral, red for hostile), but maybe these could be overwritten for a player-determined emotional sense, something that could then be seen using Sense?
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

Aslyn wrote:Maybe that could be extended to the Force Sense ability? We know that we currently perceive auras based on the game's FOF settings (green for friendly, yellow for neutral, red for hostile), but maybe these could be overwritten for a player-determined emotional sense, something that could then be seen using Sense?
That would be a good idea, but how would you want to implement that? One would have to select his or her own emotional state in a menu or something for it to work properly...
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

My Thoughts

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

-------

If that were to be considered, then personally I think we should stem back to Master Alkorda's original idea (assuming it was Master Alkorda :? ) regarding being able to set a custom status. The difference would be however the status would be seen only when a player uses Force Sense, and it could then be used for OOC & IC purposes. E.g. (( AFK )) or "Stressed"

Then also if left blank the player can choose to hide their feelings by not writing anything at all, so if a player was aggrivated but was composing themselves for others not see, they could RP hiding those feelings without really saying anything by not writing anything with the command.

That's my input.

--------

Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

How about it's implemented into the score menu?

Name---Level---Status---Ping---Time

I used the term 'Status' due to the lack of a better term.

Maybe we could even remove 'Ping' and 'Time' and change them to something more RP like...
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Xaran Varc wrote:How about it's implemented into the score menu?

Name---Level---Status---Ping---Time

I used the term 'Status' due to the lack of a better term.

Maybe we could even remove 'Ping' and 'Time' and change them to something more RP like...
Allways regarded the 'time' column as somewhat unnecessary. It's a neat idea but i feel more partial to the idea of different coloured aura's that Force sensitives view with 'Sense.'
The Status column perhaps for if you're AFK or something?
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

Too often people concentrate on Level and XP. Instead they should concentrate on role play. I therefore think 'level' should be removed from the score menu, however this should still be visible in the personal menu in the top right corner.

I therefore propose the following score menu:

'Ping' apparently has to remain.
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

Having "Species" and "Status" in the scoreboard would annihilate, or at the least dull, the possibility/experience of roleplaying the both, such as discovering the species or status of someone through the roleplay.
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

Lynee'alin wrote:Having "Species" and "Status" in the scoreboard would annihilate, or at the least dull, the possibility/experience of roleplaying the both, such as discovering the species or status of someone through the roleplay.
No it would not. Because the score menu is not visible IC.
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

It is visible to the player, and as soon as the player sees the Status or Species of a character, the experience of discovering the other's species/status through roleplaying means will be dulled extremely, or it will even be annihilated as some may not even bother anymore to go discover status/species through roleplaying means, since they already came to know it via the scoreboard.

For roleplays, I find it to be necessary for the player to not know such details beforehand (even if they may be OOC). Instead, the player should be clueless for the time being, just like the character; until the character discovers such details.
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

I am now with Master Alin, Master Corinth, and Vantus.

Honestly, there are already systems set up to do this very thing, as Master Corinth pointed out, and Master Alin is correct about it only serving to dull roleplay. Perhaps if someone has the status, "Frustrated," we would just shrug it off and decide not to bother ourselves with them. If however we don't know that and we begin talking to them, like now, we find out the good old fashion way and have to deal with it.
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

I'm with Lynee on this one.