Knock down suggestion

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

I tend to agree with Vantus. If acceleration played a role, perhaps it could work. Otherwise, it's excessive.

Also, it just opens the door to abuse, not to mention complicated scenarios (such as programming only certain model scales to do it to others).

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Chrundom

Post by Chrundom »

Aslyn wrote:I'm with Sared - this would be ridiculously exploited unto death. Bad enough that we have that issue with jump-kicks as it is. I don't think we need to add any further insanity to that which already exists ;)
Well, in every game your going to have some type of cheap and annoying move, weapon, vehicle, ect. It's just going to happen, in my opinion I'd say we put it in people will always figure out how to counter it.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Well we have several already. We don't need any more.
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Aslyn wrote:Well we have several already. We don't need any more.
Amen.

Prevention is better than cure.

I wouldn't like to see this get implemented so that it CAN be abused. That's a horrible reason to add something.
But if it can be tweaked so that it is a rare occurrence and not something that would alter how people spar, then I would be more up for talking about the possibilities.

Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Vantus wrote:Prevention is better than cure.

I wouldn't like to see this get implemented so that it CAN be abused. That's a horrible reason to add something.
But if it can be tweaked so that it is a rare occurrence and not something that would alter how people spar, then I would be more up for talking about the possibilities.
Perhaps some adjustments could be made to this idea so that something like this sort of mechanic is unlocked at Speed 4/5 or Jump 4/5?

I don't support the idea of adding in something abusable either. Raven did a pretty good job of removing that sort of content when they rewrote the single saber mechanics for JA, removing thinks like the red kick DFA. "Learning how to counter a cheap move" was a nessacery evil in JO. Best not to reintroduce it.

Chrundom

Post by Chrundom »

The only thing that, I have seen, that is being described as "abused." is a move that people constantly complain about. Also What's a "red dfa kick?"
Sared Kilvan
Lost One

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Red/Heavy Stance Death From Above, preformed right after doing a kickflip. In JO it was almost guaranteed death, so several duels would consist of two people running around trying to pull that move off on each other.

Selan
Lost One

Post by Selan »

Sared Kilvan wrote:Red/Heavy Stance Death From Above, preformed right after doing a kickflip. In JO it was almost guaranteed death, so several duels would consist of two people running around trying to pull that move off on each other.
Memories..
Shandrila Simbul
Lost One

Post by Shandrila Simbul »

Honestly, the only way I would want to see this be added to the mod would be to make it so that if you fall from a high place and land on someone, they get hurt/fall down.. if almost 'anyone' fell from the balcony above the main entrance, and landed on someone.. I'm pretty sure that SOMETHING will get bruised/broken.. There really isn't any need to make this complicated, other than the fact that if ommar fell off, i'm not as sure if he would hurt someone, but he would atleast daze them if not anything else.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Shandrila Simbul wrote:Honestly, the only way I would want to see this be added to the mod would be to make it so that if you fall from a high place and land on someone, they get hurt/fall down.. if almost 'anyone' fell from the balcony above the main entrance, and landed on someone.. I'm pretty sure that SOMETHING will get bruised/broken.. There really isn't any need to make this complicated, other than the fact that if ommar fell off, i'm not as sure if he would hurt someone, but he would atleast daze them if not anything else.
I like that idea
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Sared Kilvan
Lost One

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Shandrila Simbul wrote:Honestly, the only way I would want to see this be added to the mod would be to make it so that if you fall from a high place and land on someone, they get hurt/fall down.. if almost 'anyone' fell from the balcony above the main entrance, and landed on someone.. I'm pretty sure that SOMETHING will get bruised/broken.. There really isn't any need to make this complicated, other than the fact that if ommar fell off, i'm not as sure if he would hurt someone, but he would atleast daze them if not anything else.

[img]http://www.websophist.com/Rabbit_KillerRabbitMTO.jpg" width="300px">

On a more serious note, I'm not sure if the engine can really support this. I know that you can create crushing weights and objects within level geometry, but what about in the models themselves?
Last edited by Sared Kilvan on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

On a more serious note, I'm not sure if the engine can really support this. I know that you can create crushing weights and objects within level geometry, but what about in the models themselves?
Probably not, but you all know how to realistically RP a fall and/or injury, right?
Chrundom

Post by Chrundom »

Sared Kilvan wrote:Red/Heavy Stance Death From Above, preformed right after doing a kickflip. In JO it was almost guaranteed death, so several duels would consist of two people running around trying to pull that move off on each other.
They have a roll, that even Guests can do. That was default, and that was an easy dodge.
Kenta
Lost One

Post by Kenta »

Movie Battles 2 had a little system of damage based on the height and speed of your fall, affectionatly named "Mario-ing" someone, I think there were a couple cases where it knocked down the person that was landed on, so It should be possible to put in.
RP Age: 126 Next Birthday: 371.1
Stupid is a disease spreading at an alarming rate. - Kenta
Saos Nartu (old)

Post by Saos Nartu (old) »

Yeah, Kenta and Rash loved to mario me whenever I went onto the elevators! :evil: