Configuration Screen

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Configuration Screen

Post by Sared Kilvan »

As it stands, I find the default configuration screen somewhat offensive. It's bulky, shows you more information than you need, and could definatly use a trimming down.

My first example of something more efficient would be the MovieBattles 2 class config screen. It shows one model (not just the icon for it) and is much slimmer and easy on the eye.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but a miniature search function/filter might also give some added relief and versatility. I could begin typing in the letters of the name/skin and it would start narrowing the list. For those that have customizable hair/torso/leg features in there skin, there would still be a 'customize' button for them to browse through thier skin at leisure.

Likewise, with the lightsaber selectiong screen. Being able to type the first one or two letters to filter the list down to those hilts. Also, maybe it would be possible to set up different kind of display rotation? At first I was thinking unlit sabers at a diagonal angle, rotating in a more visual appealing manner, but I'm not quite sure how you would manage your RGB selection apart from trial and error. That could be restricted to lit sabers in the RGB selection screen itself.

The XP allocation screen is bulky as well, but there isn't much that can be done about it. My only idea would be to simply display the currently equipped rank of an ability, left clicking to upgrade (still confirming newly purchased abilities) and right-clicking to downgrade. Perhaps even a visual sort of XP meter on the side? (+Y experience needed to level Z)

Thoughts? Comments? Brainstorming?

Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

I wouldn't mind it. It is a good idea, but maybe unneeded.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Sared Kilvan
Lost One

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Out of everything there, the skin selection is my biggest irk. It's just plain ulgy, and could do with a makeover to make it more visually appealing, as well as increasing its functionality.

Selan
Lost One

Post by Selan »

I could be persuaded for an less annoying look to it.
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

Personally, I don't look at the menu that often. I skip it as soon as I join and only use it when absolutely necessary, such as applying my Force template.

I don't mind the way it looks now.
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

I say no because for hilts.. well I type "/saber nivek".

As for skins... "/model moza" etc, if you're in teh species menu however.. then you just browse through a very, very straight forward list. I don't think it's worth the effort.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I like and support this. Good thinking ^_^
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Xaran Varc wrote:Personally, I don't look at the menu that often. I skip it as soon as I join and only use it when absolutely necessary, such as applying my Force template.

I don't mind the way it looks now.
I agree with this and what Nivek said.
I personally spend no time in the menus unless applying Force Points or switching between Full Frequency and Training.

I have no need to use any other skin apart from my character's and I know how to activate that by command in the console.

However that's just me.
Others might feel the Menu to be too much of a guddle and in need of an overhaul. So in the end, I don't feel much for the suggestion myself but I wouldn't be upset if it were to be considered.

Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

I say remove the skins all together!

Or, make it a seperate screen you have to select. No offense, but I hate seeing all your skins other than base ;)
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Xa'o Zalei wrote:I say remove the skins all together!

Or, make it a seperate screen you have to select. No offense, but I hate seeing all your skins other than base ;)
Ditto!

Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

That's something totally different.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Sared Kilvan
Lost One

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Hear hear!

Raulos
Exiled

Post by Raulos »

That's a lie and you know it.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I'm all for menu revision. Like Master Tholmai, I don't ever use the menu, but I definitely would be more inclined to use it if it were easier on the eyes and easier to navigate through. I think this is a great suggestion, and would not only help with the ease of use, but also with the further "personalization" of RPMod.