Timed NPC Spawn Intervals

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Timed NPC Spawn Intervals

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Hey all,

So in training, I was thinking - would it be possible to set up some sort of system that enabled timed NPC spawning intervals, so that instead of summoning NPCs one-at-a-time, or one after the other, you could set up a system that added another NPC after 10/15/20/30 seconds (and so on), up to a certain number. I'm referring admittedly to the Deflection Droid and Saber-Training Droids, staggering them as an aid to training.

Could this be done, or would such a macro/config only be available for person-spawned NPCs (if that's even possible)? Just a thought.
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

I suppose this could be interesting for training regimes that require you to down an NPC within 1 min before another one spawns etc.

So if it's not too much Hassle I say that's a fair suggestion.

As far as Spawning Enemies without them running at you one-by-one. (Using our Map spawning consoles buttons.)
I find crouching behind the pillar with the button and staying out of sight works.
You hit the button once to spawn one NPC, then you wait about 6-7 seconds before pressing the button again for as many NPCs as desired.

When you stand up and make yourself visable or have the first NPC run at you, you will find the rest of your spawns comming right after it.

Koa'da Torik

Re: Timed NPC Spawn Intervals

Post by Koa'da Torik »

Aslyn wrote:Could this be done, or would such a macro/config only be available for person-spawned NPCs (if that's even possible)? Just a thought.

Code: Select all

/bind [key] "npc spawn [npc];wait x;npc spawn [npc];waitx;npc spawn[npc] wait x"
I think. That's how it would work in most games, anyway, just have a wait code or something similar.

Click sig for skin, mirror replaced
“Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty” ~ Socrates