Water Surface Jumping

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Jared wrote: I'd rather not introduce something we've not seen in the EU as an attainable ability, just because it 'seems' reasonable.
Jared sums up how I feel about water running.

I seen a clip of a cat running across water yet i'm no farther convinced the ability belongs in JEDI.
It's the same reason we are not sending fire out from out fingertips or freezing our enemies with ice powers.

"But we can shoot lightning". Yes, and thats enough.

Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Vantus wrote:
Jared wrote: I'd rather not introduce something we've not seen in the EU as an attainable ability, just because it 'seems' reasonable.
Jared sums up how I feel about water running.

I seen a clip of a cat running across water yet i'm no farther convinced the ability belongs in JEDI.
It's the same reason we are not sending fire out from out fingertips or freezing our enemies with ice powers.

"But we can shoot lightning". Yes, and thats enough.
Yes we want to keep things realistic I understand. ::Jumps over the temple into his Jedi starfighter, entering hyperspace to battle space pirates with a plasma sword and an invisible medaphysical energy source that apparently only wants what's good and then jumps in a tank of magical bacteria that speeds up healing:: ::Jumps twenty feet out of a swimming position::
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Again, as Jared already said Atrux.
Jared wrote:We have to be realistic within the unreal Space Opera that is Star Wars.
I'm sorry your additional idea didn't get much support Atrux.

Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Honestly didn't really care if it was, just trying to make a point.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

/Support Vantus original post.

As for the rest of it, where I understand everyones view point in it I really couldn't care if we could run/slide across water, though I wouldn't be against it as it would be fun to see/do I am sure but if it's too much work to add in its not that much of a miss.

However, I can understand Atrux point in it. the superhero Flash is practically like the same power force speed would give you (but obviously more challenging for a jedi as opposed to the natural ability of Flash) but if he could do it, I don't think it would be too far fetched for a jedi to do, even if only for a few simple steps I mean even ninjas did it! :lol:. Again though, this doesn't mean I want it implemented as it would probably be too hard to do in-game I would imagine but I don't think we should blast all ideas out of the water (Yes, I said it...) as it is a suggestions section after all.

so good ideas, really depends what is possible to add to the game.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol