Minor Force Power Updates for 0.5.0

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Minor Force Power Updates for 0.5.0

Post by Jamus Kevari »

From what I have read, major Force Power updates are planned for version 0.6.0 of RPMod. However, I think it would be quite nice if we had two minor updates of powers that some people have mentioned as "slightly annoying" for the release of version 0.5.0. I think that these suggestions have been made before, but I would like to re-list them here for the potential inclusion for the next version of the mod, both of which deal with specific animations:

Firstly, the Heal 3 animation. Currently when a player uses level 3 of Heal, they are forced into a kneeling position for the entire duration of the healing process, where they are not able to run but not attack nor defend themselves as a stationary saber position could for a block. Level 2 of heal is a simple second-long animation where, after casting, players are free to move and attack normally as their HP increases. I feel the Heal 3 animation should be changed to the function of Heal 4 and 5, where there is no animation required whatsoever when casting.

Secondly, the Push 5 "360 wave" animation. I would like to keep this as it demonstrates a true mastery of the ability, but I feel the normal straight-forward push should be brought back. Those who have the power often turn it off for this very reason, as though they would benefit from the stronger Push, they would also send unintended targets flying in most instances. If the 360 Push is brought back to a "charged" function, players would be more open to keeping the power activated, as they can still benefit from a strong, straight-forward arc, without looking like a bull in a china shop.

What does everybody think?
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Charged Force abilities would be excellent indeed. I seem to recall someone mentioning optional damage (instead of mandatory), where you'd hold down 'attack' or some other button when using Hold 4 or 5 and thus having damage caused that way. The 360 Push would be perfect with that (say, 1-2 seconds of sustained button hold before it fired).

Also, maybe charge abilities like Heal Other and Force Meld, so the more FP you put into it (recharge deactivated for the duration) as you charge it, the more points are projected. Maybe with Lightsaber Throw, you can charge it and it'll fly faster as a result?

Anyway, I like both your suggestions there, Master Kevari. Any others (and I'm pretty sure you've got more in there :P). Wouldn't be a bad idea to have a thread compiling ideas, so Soh has an at-a-glance reference for changes people agree with.
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Currently, you can set certain cvars via rcon to adjust the speed of the game, which SP uses in the speed power. Would it be possible to apply a certain deceleration (90% of norm ect.) for the target of slow? Not to make the entire world slow down, but just their actions?

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Ah, finally make Slow 'slow', instead of 'Force Drain'. I would hugely support that (though if that feature were added, it'd be purchased by everybody and spammed unto death). Wouldn't be a bad idea to make them walk instead of run and knock their jump skill down a notch or two temporarily. Stuff like that.
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

I support this.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Aslyn wrote:Ah, finally make Slow 'slow', instead of 'Force Drain'. I would hugely support that (though if that feature were added, it'd be purchased by everybody and spammed unto death). Wouldn't be a bad idea to make them walk instead of run and knock their jump skill down a notch or two temporarily. Stuff like that.
That would be very handy, if possible. Sort of like crippling enemies in other games. You could Slow them for a second or two, and that would give you time to escape.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

::envisions Slow 3 at 50% speed for 5 seconds followed by Red DFA + Lunge::
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

I completely agree with the comments regarding Drain and Level 5 Push.
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

I completely agree
but wait! Are you telling me that in heal one and two you just wave your hand but for heal three you have to stay put?
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Sared Kilvan
Lost One

Post by Sared Kilvan »

I think that to balance it out, Slow should have a 'minimum' cast/animation time of at least one or two seconds. Likewise, at rank 3, the effect would only last for an additional two seconds, and a maximum of a four second duration at rank 5. Thoughts?

Aknaross Myotis
Lost One

Post by Aknaross Myotis »

I would say more.. what if Slow become Force Stun and affect one's senses for a period time increased by level and only blocked or breakd by level of few powers. Like Force Cloak in someway.

It would work like the ray of Drain, but instead of drain FP to replenish life, it would affect one's senses. Fading to black one's sight, decreasing the volume of effects and voices (not music - if possible) and perhaps decrease the fading texts to almost nothing.

For example:

Force Stun lvl 1 - fade to black and decrease sound volume (if possible) for X seconds. It can be break by sense lvl 1 or above. It can be blocked by absorb lvl 1 or above.

Force Stun lvl 2 - same effect as before but with X+2 secs and increased range (like Drain lvl 2); Break by Sense lvl 2 or above, Lvl bellow will only show auras, but the effect of Stun wouldn't be broke. Blocked by absorb lvl 2 or above. Loose effect after its period or/and attack cancels.

Force Stun lvl 3 - same effect as before but increased its period by X+4; Break by Sense lvl 3 or above, Lvls bellow will only show auras, but the effect of Stun wouldn't be broke. Bblocked by Absorb lvl 3 or above. Loose effect after its period or/and attack cancels.

Force Stun lvl 4 - same effect as before but increased its period by X+6; Break by Sense lvl 4 or above, Lvls bellow will only show auras, but the effect of Stun wouldn't be broke. Blocked by Absorb lvl 4 or above. Loose effect after its period or/and attack cancels.

Force Stun lvl 5 - same effect as before but increased its period by X+8; Break by Sense lvl 4 or above, Lvls bellow will only show auras, but the effect of Stun wouldn't be broke. Blocked by Absorb lvl 4 or above. Loose effect after its period or/and attack cancels.

X and addition time per level can be discussed. The ones I gave were samples. How to alter senses need to be discussed with the coder as well and see what is possible. Its mechanism can also be improved as well as it fits a realistic and canon effect of the Power. Its mainly effect is to temporarily deaden the senses and perception. What I believe is possible is to fade to blace one's screen, since we already use such a feature.

Force Stun is more a light side power (with possible bad using to those with Dark tendentions) doesn't apply direct damage. Powerful skill within the area of the mind tricks. Another addition to the area together with Force Cloak.

|age_??|height_1.83m|weight_81kg|race_echani|mentor_corinth.alkorda/nivek.tholmai|padawan_ametha.tasia|

Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Sasha Raven wrote:but wait! Are you telling me that in heal one and two you just wave your hand but for heal three you have to stay put?
You don't have to stay put, but you're stuck in the kneeling position. That is, you can run, but you cannot attack and you look quite silly. Now, I listed these two powers because they are not extremely complicated to accomplish, (or at least I do not think). I like the Slow ideas, but I would think that would be more appropriate for version 0.6.0.
Sared Kilvan
Lost One

Post by Sared Kilvan »

I think the 'blackout' idea for what Aknaross said would be fine, but at higher levels (4/5) as that would be very overpowered for a rank 1 ability.

But back to what the original topic was about, I think that the stop/pause animation for rank 1 of heal should stay for the duration, half as long for rank two, no animation, but defenseless for rank 3 and maybe 4, and no stop animation or lightsaber shutoff for rank 5.