Manual Blocking

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Anakso Hons wrote: *better projectile and lightning effects (more enhanced)
*better animations
*doesnt take alot of fps
I'd be interested in seeing how those are different than the effects packages we are already using, if they are small or look better. Maybe post some screenshots?

Anakso Hons wrote: Note: if im accepted to join the community for rp, and everyone accepts to use this mod, ill teach the masters how to use the system and they can pass it down to the padawans and apprentice
I can only speak for myself, but no thank you.
Anakso Hons wrote:Also to point out this mod is like an add on to JKA which means you can use this mod with any other mod and yes for roleplay mod you are still able to use your emotions.
Could you clarify that for me? Could I load this mod side-by-side with Disruption or JA+? I don't see how two different combat systems would co-exist.

Koa'da Torik

Post by Koa'da Torik »

I remember back, oh, maybe two years ago, I learned about JEDI's roots. One of the main goals of the clan was to make people better at the baseJKA combat system; RP came later. Now yes, it's one of the foremost RP servers in JKA, but I don't think the goal of bettering others in the use of the baseJKA combat system has changed. Just my two cents.

Click sig for skin, mirror replaced
“Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty” ~ Socrates
Anakso Hons

Post by Anakso Hons »

Sared Kilvan wrote:
Anakso Hons wrote: *better projectile and lightning effects (more enhanced)
*better animations
*doesnt take alot of fps
I'd be interested in seeing how those are different than the effects packages we are already using, if they are small or look better. Maybe post some screenshots?

Anakso Hons wrote:Also to point out this mod is like an add on to JKA which means you can use this mod with any other mod and yes for roleplay mod you are still able to use your emotions.
Could you clarify that for me? Could I load this mod side-by-side with Disruption or JA+? I don't see how two different combat systems would co-exist.
Ill post some screen shots soon

what i mean by that is with the saber system mod, its like an add on, it works with any other mod, for an example, installing the new saber system mod to jka, and then load a mod such as roleplay mod or kotor the saber system will work for them because its just like an add on. it works for any mod that doesnt have a saber system.(but for the mods that does have a saber system like ojp and mbII it just changes the animations from it)
Chrundom

Post by Chrundom »

Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:I'm on the fence when it comes to these significant changes to the saber system. On the one hand, I think anything that offers us more control (particularly manual blocking) is both more realistic and, in my opinion, makes for a better experience overall. With the current BaseJKA system, I have a tendency to be all over the place when it comes to saber combat, as Johauna and Cyril can testify to! :P

However, changing the system would be unfair to those who are well versed in the current one and have invested a lot of time and effort into mastering it. Manual blocking would alter the feel of saber combat, which could make life difficult for those among us who are sensitive to the nuances of JKA saber combat. Any changes would require a lot of debate and practical testing.
/emagree
Anakso Hons

Post by Anakso Hons »

well you guys have plenty of time to decide ^_^, if you need anymore info on it let me know
Anakso Hons

Post by Anakso Hons »

Here is the latest video that we've done with the EOC beta mod, and i was in it with the red saber as kyle (though there was tones of kyles)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPiu-nEoIlw
Neush Litrosh

Post by Neush Litrosh »

Wow! That actually looks pretty cool!
Neush Litrosh
Xfire = Acheria
Li Andru
Exiled

Post by Li Andru »

the idea of not stopping saber attacks is a good one. or more attacks in there.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Like I said, if this could be choosed along side the regular saber system instead of a replacement, maybe I would be more interested. Just a few comments:
1) I've always liked the slowed down jump add on and think it should be put in RPMod.
2) Why did those people just randomly explode? Or did I miss something?
3) The saber locks and knock downs are too common, I think.

Just my thoughts.

~Delmi
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Chrundom

Post by Chrundom »

If there are saber locks, shouldn't there be lightning locks, like in TFU?
Yulia Cera
Lost One

Post by Yulia Cera »

Because not much people use high levels of lightening *Shifts eyes to gabe* :P
|Age_24|Race_Togruta|Homeworld_Shili|Height
_1.72m|Weight_51.3kg|Mentor_Gabe Alkorda(Deceased)_Dixo Xan(Active) | Initiated_268.13
Anakso Hons

Post by Anakso Hons »

Chrundom wrote:If there are saber locks, shouldn't there be lightning locks, like in TFU?
there lightning locks
2) Why did those people just randomly explode? Or did I miss something?
during the recording on of the mates in the game shot a rocket out on us during the saber lock and we practically exploded
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Can you make a system just for blaster bolt deflection?
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Chrundom

Post by Chrundom »

Dude, even If they don't shift over to it I wanna try this mod, is there any chance I can get on the Beta?
Anakso Hons

Post by Anakso Hons »

Atrux Nuro wrote:Can you make a system just for blaster bolt deflection?
As in saber deflecting blaster bolts? if yes that is in there, the whole thing to this mod is to make JKA more realistic for jka players as much as possible, unlike ojp and mbII, also we are working on a website for this mod EOC. Also to state when you are in combat it is very impossible now to backwack people because it will be blocked if you block it.
Chrundom wrote:Dude, even If they don't shift over to it I wanna try this mod, is there any chance I can get on the Beta?
The Beta Test will be out soon either next week or in 2 weeks so keep in touch ill update you for it and EOC (Evolution of Combat) is making a website so we are putting most of the info on there

"[EOC] Seth"