Spawn point suggestion.

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jace Ginos
Lost One

Spawn point suggestion.

Post by Jace Ginos »

I am not sure weather its a map addition or a RPmod addition, or that somehow the two things can be merged together.
Currently I'm having a bit of trouble with the the point we spawn on, for example when you leave your character in the bedrooms or another place where your character will stay over there night, and that's where you log off, the next day you come back, you will have to OOC across the halls and go across the building to where-ever you left your character. This means people will see you as In-Character, which I don't mind but it makes me feel uneasy if I run into someone, that grabs me or tells me not to run trough the halls. The next best thing is of course pre-noting the ones you come across or leave a general OOC message, its something really minor but I guess it would be enhancing to encourage even less OOC, which I love about this place.

[/center]

Jacen Ginos' Journals

Initiated_269.30 - Age_19 - X-Fire : dannyeuser

Zekii Abrak
Lost One

Post by Zekii Abrak »

I agree with you but we'll have too many OOC message :S
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Honestly, when you pause to consider that it's been several hours since you "left your character", it is quite plausible that they've moved since you last played them. What I mean is that when you stop RPing your character, your character doesn't cease to function. So, rather than breaking RP cadence to scamper back to wherever you "left off", it'd be best to just start RPing from where you spawn. It does less damage than running through the halls OOC does.
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

I usually do what Gabe just mentioned. Although- (if it's possible) something like, when you join game you can choose between 2 spots or something. 'outside' & 'upstairs', something along those lines. Other than that might as well RP you're playing/sitting doing w/e in the courtyard and go from there.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Yeah, I usually just start off from the spawn point. Simpler and easier.
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Spawn Points are dictated by your Account.

Guests in the Garden, Students in the Dorm, Knights in the Archives etc.

When one is accepted into JEDI, they have the choice of joining game BEFORE they log in to spawn in the gardens, or they can log in and THEN join game, to spawn in their Account-location.

It's not much consolation to those that are not Members and as such, must spawn in the garden. However, it's not that hurtful to the overall role play experience that I feel it needs changing.

When I was in your position, I often made my way to the Cantina from the main gate (and was RARELY stopped on my way there seeing as its only a short distance).
When I arrived at the Cantina, I acted as though I had just come down from the dorms for a drink or what not. People have never questioned that.

Just be imaginative! :)

Jace Ginos
Lost One

Post by Jace Ginos »

Very well, I shall do that then, its good to see its there for initiates, thanks for answering my suggestion with a solution and I believe that will solve the minor problem I had, thanks to all.
[/center]

Jacen Ginos' Journals

Initiated_269.30 - Age_19 - X-Fire : dannyeuser