A Ball

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

A Ball

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

---------

After witnessing a game taking place on the server this morning it came to my attention that several students and hopefuls alike like to play games that involve kicking things around, which with droids or crates is a little unrealistic.

I'm just putting it out there for anyone who can make a small ball object that would work the same way crates and the likes do that could be kicked around for use in games... anyone up for that?

-----

Jace Ginos
Lost One

Post by Jace Ginos »

Thank you for making this suggestion, master Tholmai. I've been looking forward to playing games that included the style of soccer, volleyball and regular real life games that include phere like objects. However, volleyball will require force push, which master Tholmail explain and keeping the object off the ground for as long as possible, then there's the fact that if we use droids for soccer, they eventually take too much damage and will be destroyed, if we use Kyle, he constantly falls over if players kick it at the same time, if anyone is up to model this or create a ball like object from a seeker drone (Make it a bit larger and kickable, and indestructable) It could work.

/Support.

[/center]

Jacen Ginos' Journals

Initiated_269.30 - Age_19 - X-Fire : dannyeuser

Z'phos
Lost One

Post by Z'phos »

I present to you Hydroball!

It's clearly possible.
Camase Whyndem

Post by Camase Whyndem »

/support

Character: Camase Whyndem
Skin: http://www.filefront.com/14502057/Camase.pk3/
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

The issue is physics I think.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Blavek Araven
Lost One

Post by Blavek Araven »

While Zeak is correct, it MIGHT be possible. As we have seen with RPMod many things are possible, and I would definately be able to model a small volleyball sized ball and perhaps add it to the throwable stuff section of NPCs.

I dont really know if it will work or not until its tested, as the Q3 engine is very unpredictable at times. Alternatively, I believe there is a remote that can be spawned (Often used for jump exercises) that might actually work. Only problem is I know it likes to 'do its own thang' at times and therefore might cause some problems.

I'll look into it.

born_241.06|homeworld_uvena.prime|mentor_rash.loist_shimi.zaki|padawans_z'phos|

>>> Secondary Character GR-7 <<<

Elsavira Zanshin

Post by Elsavira Zanshin »

Had been thinking of this for quite some time, Just thought it'd be a ridiculous Suggestion, Guess it wasn't ^^

/support
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I think something like Hydroball could be implemented into RPMod for the sake of the younger Hopefuls and Initiates. Might be fun for everyone as well!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

Yes! I'd suggest you allow hopefuls to spawn them, but that would be asking for mingebags to go into the server and crash it with too many objects. However, this would be extremely good, especially since I think there should be more for Hopefuls to do.

/support
| Age: 10 | Race: Zeltron | Homeworld: Dantooine |
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Why not make it more Jedi-like, and do what we did when I was a young(er) padawan...

Spawn a frozen interrogation droid, and use the Force to push it around. It's fun, and is a realistic exercise, methinks.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Elsavira Zanshin

Post by Elsavira Zanshin »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:Why not make it more Jedi-like, and do what we did when I was a young(er) padawan...

Spawn a frozen interrogation droid, and use the Force to push it around. It's fun, and is a realistic exercise, methinks.
~

Hopefuls can't push it around though.
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Gravball would be awesome.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Dezru Kurdan

Post by Dezru Kurdan »

/support sounds like a good idea
Lucius
Lost One

Post by Lucius »

Im up for it 8)
|age_19|initiated_264.15|height_1.68m|race_keldorian|mentors_zyrn.maron/gabe.alkroda|
http://www.filefront.com/15714499/Lucius.pk3/ - updated skinz, ty Delmi
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

I'm willing to go with something like this if it worked, otherwise there are workarounds with existing NPCs, like the Interrogation Droid idea suggested above.

The question with a ball is if it'd look right considering the lack of a physics system, as Zeak pointed out.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine