Vital Signs and Color Coded Injuries

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Li Andru
Exiled

Vital Signs and Color Coded Injuries

Post by Li Andru »

/waves. Was thinking, late at night (01:52AM CST) about making some kind of improvement. Again, I apologize if some members feel that I am steeping over my boundaries to implement a change in the current system. But, hey, what are young minds for but change? Hehe.

So! Vital Signs! How about it? Adding a third wave length that indicates the vital signs of the individual? Say.. You take a run. It could be strengthened as the persons physical shape is increased (I.E. like the height chart currently is) for when you run, spar, swim, in tense moments! It is probably to advanced for JKA, but hey! It *is* a suggestion :)

Color Coded Injuries. Now, most people may question 'Why in the Force would we need Color Coded Injuries?!?! You are stoopid.' Well, I will tell you why.

I was sitting in my bathtub relaxing after a long day of thought (Totally unrelated to this) and I got to thinking; How do we separate the different types of injuries more easier than what we currently do? Well, do we even do this? Perhaps some do, but what if we color coded and created a system that tells you the type of pain your character maybe involved in? Examples. Sliced off your arm!!! Brain Trauma/Damage!! Nerve or Muscle Damage!!(Sprang Ankle/Wrist/Neck) Bleeding Cut!! Exhaustion!! Perhaps you all may think it is silly, and I am just rambling on to score a point to the suggestion box. But, hey, open minds people! Open minds :roll:
|Age - 12|Species - Female Togruta| Former Apprentice to Moza Ferorn|
Jace Ginos
Lost One

Re: Vital Signs and Color Coded Injuries

Post by Jace Ginos »

Li Andru wrote:How do we separate the different types of injuries more easier than what we currently do? Well, do we even do this? Perhaps some do, but what if we color coded and created a system that tells you the type of pain your character maybe involved in? Examples. Sliced off your arm!!! Brain Trauma/Damage!! Nerve or Muscle Damage!!(Sprang Ankle/Wrist/Neck) Bleeding Cut!! Exhaustion!! Perhaps you all may think it is silly, and I am just rambling on to score a point to the suggestion box. But, hey, open minds people! Open minds :roll:
Good idea, but honestly I don't personally agree with this, simply because I have a few reasons in my mind. First of all, is what I don't like is that information being dished out, chewed up and tossed into your screen and that you (or another) can read what type of injury you have, personally I like it better that discoveries like that should be made out of reactions, symptoms and other body language, a person will hold his arm if its broken, or it will appear crooked or out of shape, another one will be screaming or doing nothing at all and just lieing there, if you find someone on-concious they could be in different stages of that. People could be in shock, coma, deep on-conciousness and so on.

Sure with force Sense/Seeing it could be a great idea, Jedi could go searching for their symptoms core, but I don't think this can be generated trough damage effects, this can probably only be implemented as /rpinjury, then that injury could generate a text like thing to appear to those with a strong enough force sense.

Generating vital signs is probably impossible.
[/center]

Jacen Ginos' Journals

Initiated_269.30 - Age_19 - X-Fire : dannyeuser

Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Seems a bit, unneeded and a bit of hassle. It's what :: ::'s are for.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

For the first part, it looks like a stamina bar you asked for. Well, that's what we have the force bar for, making another bar would be difficult and beyond annoying/unneeded.
Also, the force bar is sufficient I believe. You *can* rp that your character is tired/jumpy. *umm* you get my point.
For the next thingie here we have *umm* impossibility and lack of need.
First despite the fact that Jka *does* have location dependant damage, it would take lots of scripting to employ messages like "hand cut off". Plus, we could perhaps rp it easilly such as *umm* ::Grunts lightly and squints as he is cut in half:: Got that from Valon lol. Anyways, that's what good rp is for.
Good/Great ideas though.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

It's a interesting idea, though I'm not sure how it can be done, probably a lot of work and a lot of scripting.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Tiam Nor

Post by Tiam Nor »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:Seems a bit, unneeded and a bit of hassle. It's what :: ::'s are for.
Personally, I agree with Zeak.
Li Andru
Exiled

Post by Li Andru »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:Seems a bit, unneeded and a bit of hassle. It's what :: ::'s are for.
True but you have to think: How often are people going to take the extra step and actually RP being hurt or injured? I agree that ::-:: could be a possible solution, however it is like a detachable weight. When you realize your character is actually slowing down or whatnot and your Health bar turns a different color, you will know that your in danger. Rather than go from... Health! Musclie lift 700lbs RAWR! to instant crawling/kneeling down.
|Age - 12|Species - Female Togruta| Former Apprentice to Moza Ferorn|
Jace Ginos
Lost One

Post by Jace Ginos »

You realise that when you actually get below 30HP for us initiates, means its knock-down, knock-down means damage, depending on which exercise you were doing, falling from heights requires : Common sense, People that don't make OOC mistakes and thus doesn't get them locked into a injury which was actually caused by an OOC mistake. When people fall by accident, they usually write (MT). Falling from heights can go in different manners, you don't always have to fall from a couple of meters height and break your legs, its something that depends on certain physics that JKA doesn't supports.

The 'Vitality' Force bar is just something depending on your character, the force bar is way to small to take into account of actual character stamina, the force bar was meant to deal with Game Balance, not with character Realism, we can't depend on that. Sure it was tweaked in RP mod and sure it deals with both realism and Force Stamina here, but I haven't seen -Anyone- spamming force powers yet, save for Force Jump during -Exercises- all you need is common sense and an eye for honestly and realism, and not a whole HuD of different lights, bars and schemes.

Just my opinion and my point of view.
[/center]

Jacen Ginos' Journals

Initiated_269.30 - Age_19 - X-Fire : dannyeuser

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Li Andru wrote:
True but you have to think: How often are people going to take the extra step and actually RP being hurt or injured? I agree that ::-:: could be a possible solution, however it is like a detachable weight. When you realize your character is actually slowing down or whatnot and your Health bar turns a different color, you will know that your in danger. Rather than go from... Health! Musclie lift 700lbs RAWR! to instant crawling/kneeling down.
Just yesterday I saw some RP a injury with th :: ::
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

I'm of the school of thought that says if you don't see it IC, you shouldn't see it at all - another OOC indicator of IC status would just falsely generate RP as a result of OOC, not from any IC awareness. If you break your arm, nobody should know until you mention it or they see you walking around with a bacta-cast on. If you feel ill, nobody should know until you make it apparent through IC actions and the ::action:: tags.

Don't get me wrong, I see where this would be useful in places, but it strikes me as an unnecessary addition - one only likely to create issues of RP integrity when everyone heads to the Medbay to check on a person with a red health indicator, despite having not been told that there's something wrong.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Aslyn wrote: one only likely to create issues of RP integrity when everyone heads to the Medbay to check on a person with a red health indicator, despite having not been told that there's something wrong.
That is a excellent point, Aslyn.
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Li Andru wrote:
If they want to, they will. If they don't, it's their choice. People are supposed to be trusted and responsible. They shouldn't need this really to roleplay or take notice of injuries they might have. I see it as a nice thing, sure it'd be an interesting asset, but it isn't really needed.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

/emagree indeed as this IS an rp community anyone willing/already in must be aware that you can't jump around and punch/kick/saber like obi wan(yes anikin sucks he is a whiney baby meh vader sucks too).

Ofcourse this is necessary to instill char progression from Ininitiate tasia to Maser tasia. I hope you get my point. For example I dueled with Jacen/indilia and made my char fall/drop her saber all around the place(it looked choppy at times yes but it was the jka's fault).

Then my char would(after many years of trainin transform into something greater) I mean we cant let the system do ALL the rp for us. I mean then what separates the good rper from the bad? Hmm?

Besides believe me its WAY more fun to rp a duel than to do a normal Jka duel in which case i would easilly win mind you, its just not as rewarding/logical/real/...

So when tired you pant. When you pant you walk slowly etc etc...You dn't directly jump afterwards...

You have to BE the char, be Li/Ametha/Fane/Jace/Aslyn and then act like he orr she would cause there is no "as if" they ARE reall they are true and they live and breath and get tired and make mistakes like we all do.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Tel Koth
Lost One

Post by Tel Koth »

I'll just say nah, to whole idea. It could be even easier if someone could add that into nick name like =Tel=Koth=::JEDI::[Brain damage], that could be whole easier.
Currently nothing important.

|RP age: 32 |Next birthday: 281.17|

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Lol. Tel implies brain damage lol. ^^ anyways. It is an unneeded addition.