Skin crashes to console

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Sythin

Skin crashes to console

Post by Sythin »

First of all, hello. I'm Sythin and I'm new to jediholo. Let's move to the problem. I'm trying to reskin the 'youngling' model for my character - Sythin. Every other skin is working well, but this one. Typing /model youngsythin causes a crash and a kick out of game with the JKA console saying the following:

Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
Requested feature was omitted at compile time

Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you you for your support.
Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

That happened to me, when I used wrong image format of the images contained in the skin file. You might want to look into this.
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Sythin

Post by Sythin »

I tried turning them to .jpg .jpeg and .tga
It still didn't work :(
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Maybe try posting a link to the file? Someone might be able to help a lot more.

Have you added anything really recently, to your base folder?

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

Did you resize any images?

edit; I recall having that error on modview. Turned out my images were 'currupted' and I ended up using the 'save for web devices' feature on photoshop. If you have that, I suggest trying that.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Sythin

Post by Sythin »

Here's the link to the file: http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/5/7/2 ... sythin.zip

It's not done yet.. not even close to be done. I haven't even seen it yet, because it crashes.
Sythin

Post by Sythin »

I don't think I resized any of them. I changed the format. (Sorry for double post)
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

I just checked it in modview.

It's indeed the same problem as I had, same error as you stated above. The problem is in the face.jpg.
I did as I said earlier- run it through the 'Save for web devices' fuction in photoshop. No problems after that.

If you have photoshop I suggest doing the same. If not, I'll upload the face texture.

Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Well firstly you need to get it in order, if you haven't done that already.

Nevermind all what I just said :P
Last edited by Zeak Dystiny on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."

Sythin

Post by Sythin »

Hmm, I can't find the option. Can you please upload the file? Thank you very much for your help. :)
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Wait you haven't done that already? Well it's not the cause of the problem apparently.

Sythin

Post by Sythin »

I was talking to Fane, Zeak. I didn't see your post, because I was posting too. And you were faster. :)
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Oh whoops I didn't see that one. :shock:

Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

Here it is, this should do it.

>>Face.jpg<<

And the option (in CS4 anyways) is in the same area as 'Save & Save As'. Incase you need to find it anyways.