Deflection redirect.

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Rash Loist
Lost One

Deflection redirect.

Post by Rash Loist »

Just a simple suggestion, now when you are ignited and you are facing a player or NPC with a blaster of some sort I would say higher levels of saber defense could redirect the bolts back in that area. Higher levels being accurate like 4-5.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

I agree, except that I think it should be for moderate levels, too. Level 2 defense should redirect fairly well, and level 3 should be very accurate. Padawans are trained in this skill from an early age. We've seen many examples of teenage soon-to-be-Jedi that are able to do this.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

I agree with Master Corinth...even though I'm biast, having a level 2 defence. :D
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

You can swing and redirect the bolts back at the opponent.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Ametha Tasia wrote:You can swing and redirect the bolts back at the opponent.
Its a little bit more accurate but not what i'm talking about. There's only so much I can do with the game mechanics in roleplay.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

No kidding. I've always found the disparity between our Level 3 Defense and the standard SP Base one to be massive. A Jedi is supposed to be able to redirect blaster bolts easily as a default skill (at least with some training), so the fact that we're lucky to hit once in every 20-30 shots with pure deflection...
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Could it be because of the animation glitch on client-side?
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Ametha Tasia wrote:Could it be because of the animation glitch on client-side?
No, whatever happens on the client is purely visual and may not always reflect what's really going on server-side. Only the server decides how things (players, blaster bolts, whatever) move in the virtual world.

Now, I'm not sure I understand this suggestion.. here is how Saber Defense works in BaseJKA and RPMod:
- level 1: no deflection, bolts die on the saber blade
- level 2: deflection, bolts bounce on the saber blade
- level 3+: reflection, bolts bounce back to their owner (with a +/- 0.2 units offset for randomization)

So are you suggesting to make reflection "perfect" for levels 4/5 (no randomization)?
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Well, I'm not entirely sure, but from what I've seen, in RPmod people with def 3 just bounce them back randomly unless they actually slash, but I can't be entirely sure as I've never managed to test it. I think this is the source of this suggestion.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

I think that's what Loist meant yeah.
Perhaps it's an idea to lower the offset on 4, and remove it on 5 entirely. Then again what Aslyn said is true, then defese 4-5 would be 'perfect'.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Lets make the offset low for 4 and really low for 5, but don't remove it as it would imbalance the game.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Yes, Defense 3 just bounces them off randomly with a small chance of actual reflection. It's definitely not the Base JKA standard.
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Well, correct me if I'm wrong Rash, but I know in MB2, there is an upgrade you can get that allows you to reflect ALL blaster bolts back at it's source. So, somewhere it is possible. It'd be nice for higher levels of defense to have something like this.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

I recall that in MB2 on defense 3, standing still and putting your crosshair on any target is where it reflects too. always hated how I got a charged blaster on my head from a teammate... after being reflected :roll:

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Technically it's "Deflect 3", but I suppose it doesn't matter in terms of MB2
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru