Hospital Equipment?

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Hospital Equipment?

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Well my time in the medbay has not only helped Baelin see his error, but it's let me realize a few suggestions to put forth. Well to start off...Once I'm in the medbay rp is good and things go smoothly...but when we were moving me so I could watch events and indeed, actually moving me from the scene of the accident to the medbay, it was strained at best. Perhaps someone could skin a few vehicles that looked like stretchers, and like make them operate like a swoop only scale the speed down and remove the gun? I have no idea how big of a request this is, I'm only stating something I feel would make rp that much more fun and realistic. For now I'm content with rping with an invisible stretcher. But this is a technologically advanced society...I'm sure they have something like that. Just food for thought :) Do with it what you wish.
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I see the point of your suggestion, but it would be a lot of work. It would need new animations which I think no one can do in ::JEDI::, sadly. I still think it's a good idea, don't get me wrong.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Depends on if they can make a model go /emsleep onto the model, then it could be done theoretically.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

I'd imagine so, they could make like three models-one where the person is emsleeping, one with emliedown, and one with emknockdown.
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Well I know on JA+ if you did an animation on a swoop, you went into it but you could still control drive it around (like emliedown or knockdown). Then again, that might only be when you're slept. Not entirely sure. But I think it works if you aren't slept. If so, you've got one thing solved. Next is just getting the right model and what not.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Eh well I didn't exactly mean you would have to /emsleep once you got on it; Instead when your character uses it they would automatically look like that. Just like when you get on a swoop you're sitting down?
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Well that would be pointless really. If you can do it by just typing in the animation yourself, no issue.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Drasli Khaar

Post by Drasli Khaar »

If there was some way to maybe create a vehicle so that you could do commands like /emliedown knockdown that would be pretty efficient.

Maybe use the yoda floating chair from Ep. 2 for patients that need to be transported. Only an idea though:

|age_12|height_1.42m|weight_45kg|race_human|
JEDI Skin Update 01-01-'10
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

I don't think it's that important really. I can't see why we'd need a stretcher, it is a school after all. Kids shouldn't be getting hurt as much as they are, much less as severely. Aside from that, star wars medecine is almost like magical, there's a cure and a fix for most everything.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

To me it seems like one of those things that if someone wanted to work it out and get it done, great, it'd be another thing that helps illustrate our setting's role play a bit more, but my guess would be that its rarely used.

However, the Suggestions board is for suggestions for the RPmod, this topic's suggestion seems to be more of a general gameplay suggestion, as it seems to be more directed to the notion of vehicles.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

We could spawn a seeker, make it look like a crate and push it. Haha. And it would be fun to actually Rp- real-medicine rather than all that ::Rubs hand on wound::/ 5 secs later ::Wound slowly heals::
I'm not fond of healing being so...quickly effective.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Drasli Khaar

Post by Drasli Khaar »

Eh, it just seems like its possibly something that isn't really necessary but can be done if someone wished to do it. With the yoda chair idea I was thinking it would serve as hospital transportation and for those who have tiny characters that may feel as if their characters wouldn't walk everywhere they went. But at the same time it just seems like it may be a "waste of space" so to speak.
|age_12|height_1.42m|weight_45kg|race_human|
JEDI Skin Update 01-01-'10
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Something I've learned in the past few years-no detail can ever be too small or too unnecessary. It was only a thought, though, and I presented it thusly. Besides-It's an academy to train JEDI, correct? Injuries happen on a daily basis. And if someone is about to tell me I never needed to be hospitalized I'm gonna cry...
Lucius
Lost One

Post by Lucius »

There's nothing wrong with the idea, its just whether we're going to use it or not.

But I'm all for it :D
|age_19|initiated_264.15|height_1.68m|race_keldorian|mentors_zyrn.maron/gabe.alkroda|
http://www.filefront.com/15714499/Lucius.pk3/ - updated skinz, ty Delmi