Saber Stances

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Dezru Kurdan

Saber Stances

Post by Dezru Kurdan »

I was thinking, Red and Blue are backwards. Blue is incredibly fast, does very little damage and allows you to swing a lot before having to restart a combo. Whereas Red does lots of damage, moves slowly, you can only put 3 swings together.

My suggestion is simple (I hope) take Blues damage, and swing count (i can't think of a better thing to call it) and apply it to Red and vice versa. So in the end Red is slow, does little damage and you can swing more. And Blue has 3 swing combos and lots of damage. This makes sense because generally the faster moving object the harder it is to block and more it hurts.

Instead of making this a default in RPmod why not make it an option that can be changed?
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

How is it backwards? The game was designed to have a somewhat balanced set of stances to afford a wider variety of attacks and thus a more interesting game play. They even included an extra two stances that Soh happily unlocked for us to use.

While your logic is sound in that a higher velocity object would be more harmful, you gotta realize that in actuality, it more depends on the intensity of the energy beam of the lightsaber, because the blade is energy, not matter. If we were being realistic, any contact with a full frequency blade would be lethal.

Five is plenty, methinks.
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

It seems to me that this actual suggestion is more backward than the current standard.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Jamus Kevari wrote:It seems to me that this actual suggestion is more backward than the current standard.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Camase Whyndem

Post by Camase Whyndem »

i thought that only the start of the red swing was slow and that it sped up throughout the swing, increasing its velocity and therefore more powerful, blue is quick yet it doesn't have the power behind it that the red does (in game terms)

because as said earlier
any contact with a full frequency blade would be lethal.

Character: Camase Whyndem
Skin: http://www.filefront.com/14502057/Camase.pk3/