Vision/Dream

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Ommar
Lost One

Vision/Dream

Post by Ommar »

I came across this idea on Dac, but forgot about it for awhile. JKa is able to make videos, I think. I'm suggesting that clients be able to play game 'demos' or w/e the videos are called (the ones generated ingame), while they are on the server.

Basically, /rpvision.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

That actually might be viable - in one of the last RPMod updates, Soh added the \rpcinematic ability, which allows us to play videos on JKA (as far as I recall), which we've used to create mission-based scrolling text in the Star Wars manner, and use videos/scenes from JK2/JKA for RP purposes. I suppose it could be expanded for more than that.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Now that would be cool, good thinking. I for sure support this.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

It's not a bad idea. HOWEVER, .roqs are a PAIN to make and expensive to download (if you catch my meaning). One takes like 1-2 minutes to download. Making these movies, though not impossible, are hard.

| age_44 | height_1.80m | weight_81.65g | race_rodian | mentor_martis.alguien | padawan_sarran.kuo/delmi.n'jork/caleb.quintilian|

((Alt. Character Skin))

Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

^ What he said, but then again, for meaningful and major storyline archs, there'd be enough people to make them with, and people would also want to cooporate in making them. It'd give a new and more tangible dimension to the RP I suppose. It's practically already doable, just with demo files, as Maloush stated. Indeed a load of work.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Ommar
Lost One

Post by Ommar »

Ppl could make their own vids and play them as they wish, uploading only for sharing.
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Ommar wrote:Ppl could make their own vids and play them as they wish, uploading only for sharing.
Kind of defeats the use methinks, you could also just watch the video out of game.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

I can understand why this would be interesting to implement.

I'd like to point out that whatever movie is made will ultimately be inferior, in terms of sheer detail and description, compared to a text based "vision" relayed in a journal.

I don't think enough of us are suitably competent at video editing and CG to create original (that is, not using entirely 3rd party material) videos.