Non-Exploding Trip Mines

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Non-Exploding Trip Mines

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I think it would be useful to have trip mines that don't explode. They could be security lasers that simply set off an alarm. This'd be neat for stealth missions and such.
If this does not belong here, then be my guest and delete it.
Thank you.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

I don't think that you can do that without changing the tripmine permanently (in whatever modification you create).

I took a look using /rpeffect for getting just the laserbeam, and I can only get it to flicker and be vertical.
Garik Kelzim

Post by Garik Kelzim »

I think they made something like that on lugormod, but when you touched a laser you'd be teleported somewhere else.
Name: Garik Kelzim| Species: Miraluka| Initiated: 276.24| Masters: Tomoran Serevarno
"Five naps a day keep A-48 away!"
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

I think using /rpeffect to create the laser beam is enough for missions, as Alkur suggested.
Avaeth

Post by Avaeth »

Supporting if possible. You could add 'modes' on the tripmine. Explode / Detect.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Soh Raun wrote:I think using /rpeffect to create the laser beam is enough for missions, as Alkur suggested.
So long as I can trigger an alarm by passing a laser beam, I'm quite happy. :P
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:I took a look using /rpeffect for getting just the laserbeam, and I can only get it to flicker and be vertical.
Soh Raun wrote:I think using /rpeffect to create the laser beam is enough for missions, as Alkur suggested.
Fabien, with the laser beams, they would take quite a bit of pre-meditation to set up correctly, specifically exact coordinates, since when you create a beam, the end closest to you hovers unless you alter the coordinates. And even then, they are only vertical.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Then perhaps Rpeffect for them could be altered?
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

If RPeffect respected the angle in which the player is turned when the effect is spawned (just like what happens with NPCs), this approach would be much simpler, otherwise yes, finding the exact coordinates is a large deal of work.

You can't choose what is right