[CLOSED] Defence level

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

[CLOSED] Defence level

Post by Atrux Nuro »

level 0 defense deflects more blaster bolts than levels 1 and 2, I'm not sure about level 3 because I don't have it. (I tested this with Agitt)
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I've noticed this as well.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Yeah it's generally known I believe.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

Been so since the begin of JK3, don't think any modder so far has been able to fix it.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:Yeah it's generally known I believe.
Fane Ornn'ila wrote:Been so since the begin of JK3, don't think any modder so far has been able to fix it.
It may be generally known, but not by me. Hence why it isn't fixed yet. :P
Always report bugs, even "well-known" ones, even BaseJKA ones. Thank you.

Defense level 0 is not supposed to block anything when a missile (blaster bolt, etc.) hits you. You should get damage for every hit. And as far as I can see, this is what happens.

However, when a missile hits the lightsaber itself (and not the player), no matter the level, it is blocked without delay. So 100% of the missiles are blocked in that case. I think this makes sense.

The real bug is that Defense 0 is not taken into account in the latter case, and instead uses the same code path as Defense 3+ : all missiles are then reflected to their owner. I think they should do like Defense 1 and just die there when they hit the saber.

Please comment if there is anything else I should know about this bug, otherwise the fix described above will be part of the next revision deployed to the servers (0.4.3b).
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

What about the fact that the lightsaber bolt-blocking animations are not present on the client's end? As in...when you block a bolt, your saber is just static and your arms don't move as they should.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Oh yeah Ametha, seen that too.

Soh, you mentioned about shots hitting the blade of the Lightsaber and deflecting and how that makes sense. I agree with that. So then maybe that should happen with Defence 1 as well? Right now, I think they just hit the blade, stop and that's it, giving off the effect of a bolt flying into a wall.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."

Agitt Tanwa
Lost One

Post by Agitt Tanwa »

The real bug is that Defense 0 is not taken into account in the latter case, and instead uses the same code path as Defense 3+ : all missiles are then reflected to their owner.
Actualy, if hit the saber, on lvl 0 the bolts are simply reflected into a random direction, while on lvl 1 they just stop at the blade like you described.
I also think lvl 0 behaves better in saber to saber combat than lvl 1, but I'm not sure what's it about or if it isn't only my imagination, so that's not realy confirmed.

|Last Known Age : 27|Species : Rodian|Status : N/A|

Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Nope, sometimes they go right back at the person. I remember redirecting a few shots at right Nivek. Def 0 does have its moments when in saber combat though.

Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

To be short, if you have to pick between def 0 or 1 (even 2 at times) you'd pick 0.

I like the idea of def 0 blocking nothing at all, or have a really low chance (like lucky basically) to block anything. Would be good for the general sword user and beginners at saber arts.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Fane Ornn'ila wrote:To be short, if you have to pick between def 0 or 1 (even 2 at times) you'd pick 0.

I like the idea of def 0 blocking nothing at all, or have a really low chance (like lucky basically) to block anything. Would be good for the general sword user and beginners at saber arts.
And realistic.

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)