Optional Connection Noise & Background Sounds

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I have no idea if this is possible, but what about making it a add on (there's your optional part) and a set of instructions so people could swap in their own sound as desired?
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Should be possible for sure...

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

I like that, Delmi.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

support
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

It could be made togglable by a Cvar, and have a nice default sound. Like any file, it could be replaced with a patch PK3 if some people prefer another sound.

I like sound/interface/secret_area (that Alkur suggested), although it might be a bit too "strong" for connection notifications. I'm thinking sound/interface/esc isn't bad.. it's the sound you hear when you press Escape from the main menu, just after loading the game.
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

Sounds good, I think that as long as it is implemented we can sort out the sound we'd want to use ourselves through the pk3 replacements, perhaps we can share them in a topic or something for those that don't know the how-to heh

Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Or possibly a sound from another game like Kotor?
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

I think that as long as it uses a standard format you can basically make it whatever you want through pk3s. make it like a t-rex if you feel like it ;)

Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

Soh Raun wrote:I'm thinking sound/interface/esc
I like it. I personally suggest setting this as the default sound. BUT, rather than simply setting "sound/interface/esc", rather copy the sound file and rename it, then set it. This would make it easy to replace with a patch without interferring with the base JKA soundset.
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Soh Raun wrote:It could be made togglable by a Cvar, and have a nice default sound. Like any file, it could be replaced with a patch PK3 if some people prefer another sound.

I like sound/interface/secret_area (that Alkur suggested), although it might be a bit too "strong" for connection notifications. I'm thinking sound/interface/esc isn't bad.. it's the sound you hear when you press Escape from the main menu, just after loading the game.
Spooky... just my exact thought on this. While I was reading the first posts, I had the secret area sound in my head, like Alkur. Then, after checking the other sounds in the same folder, I noticed that Esc was better. Then I kept reading and got to this post...

Needless to say, I will make use of this feature.

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Fane Ornn'ila wrote:..make it like a t-rex if you feel like it ;)
/support