Silence Suggestion

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Silence Suggestion

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

I noticed the other day when our most highly exalted master alkorda silenced baelin for being bad, I couldn't do any /me, etc.

Now I KNOW that's what silence does, so shut it before you say that. lol.

I wanna know if its possible, (since it seems to be used for rp purposes), to only make that work on a certain channel of communication, for instance just say, or teamspeak. It would be a little bit better so that people could /me clamps his hands to his mouth frantically- or something like that.

:)

I SHALL NOT BE SILENCED!
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

To apply this we would definitely need to create a whole new command, as the purpose of /rpsilence is designed for admins to use in the case of unruly and disruptive guests.

I think the best way to do it really would for the person being "silenced" just to rp comply and not talk when they are being told they can't talk.
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Re: Silence Suggestion

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Baelin Raddyx wrote:I noticed the other day when our most highly exalted master alkorda silenced baelin for being bad
Simus Cnydaria wrote:the purpose of /rpsilence is designed for admins to use in the case of unruly and disruptive guests.
Uh...?
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Honestly... yeah. If you've been 'silenced', you shouldn't need a command to actually be silenced. Just stop using normal chat and use /me. :roll:

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:Honestly... yeah. If you've been 'silenced', you shouldn't need a command to actually be silenced. Just stop using normal chat and use /me. :roll:
My thoughts exactly. We should all be mature enough to respect the RP. If you are 'silenced' in game, don't say anything like Zeak said.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

My thoughts exactly. We should all be mature enough to respect the RP. If you are 'silenced' in game, don't say anything like Zeak said.
Unless it's just a joke, being silenced should be taken seriously. It's a form of punishment in a way. If you are silenced by mistake, send a pm. (Comport obviously) If you are silenced on purpose please just wait and be patient. There is no reason why one of our Jedi should ever have to be silenced any how..
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Indeed. Altering the rpsilence command to allow actions to be spoken would destroy the original intent of the command: stopping guests from speaking when they become abusive or too much of a break in the RP cadence. While you and I used it for a few moments for a different purpose, that doesn't change the fact that if this command were altered, it would become practically useless as an administrative command.

As I recall it, you handled yourself very well without ::actions:: anyway, with the head bobbing, and the flailing arms, and the humble nodding. :P
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|