Addition to Storm

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Maloush wrote:Well, perhaps I'm speaking from my own perspective, considering I have level 2 and will probably only use level 2. The whole point of this is to get SOME type of reaction out of troops when we shock them. Else, if we didn't, we're shooting blue energyz at soldiers with no effect. While we're firing lightning, we can't block blaster bolts, so we die.
This just seems like a bit of an exaggeration. Storm is nothing even close to blue energyz at soldiers with no effect. Most have a few HP and fall in seconds.

Perhaps I just have excessive experience with Storm 5 (which is a pain to get out of for anyone). I'm not as familiar with level 2.

Again, I understand your point but...

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

Maloush wrote:
Ametha Tasia wrote:Lightning -is- a rare ability, contrary to popular belief. So until something is made to make lightning rare within JEDI, anything that adds to its power is just...too much. That's my take on it, anyways.
You'd be surprised to know that not many people actually use storm. If they're using it in a spar, then that just makes them look bad. It's probably more of a field ability than anything.
Let me clarify this for everyone, especially those who aren't familiar with our RP yet. Force storm remains a dark force power however you put it, so everyime someone is "shocking" another with electrical energy, it is to be considered a dark force power RP wise, and the consequences of such behaviour should be RPed as well.
The fact that the power is overused does not change nor justify the situation. What Ametha wrote is right and we should all enforce it more in our RP.

On another side, using that power as droid stun/deactivation is much more reasonable, but it will requires the "droid" in question to be either stunned or deactivated (NPC freeze/kill, or RPed as such in case of a human player).

However the suggestion relies to RPmod, and not solely on our RP, as RPmod is aimed to be a public mod in its final release, so it is up to Soh.

You can't choose what is right

Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Maloush wrote:While we're firing lightning, we can't block blaster bolts, so we die.
Would that not be a way of balancing the devastation that storm can do?
Jenny Wrix wrote:Lightning 1: Stuns and cannot use weapon.
Lightning 2: Stuns and knocks down briefly (RP out how long)
Lightning 3: Stuns, Shocks, and is very painful.
(So on and so forth)
When knocked down, it takes roughly 2-5 seconds to get back up. You get a slight "bump back" knockdown, and depending on whether or not you have Force Jump, you can either get up slowly, or hop up.

If there is to be an extension of the stun and knockdown effects of storm, I think the power should be half again as expensive in XP to "buy", and double to triple as expensive to "cast" in terms of the FP energy needed. Otherwise the potential to spam is too high.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:
Maloush wrote:While we're firing lightning, we can't block blaster bolts, so we die.
Would that not be a way of balancing the devastation that storm can do?
Jenny Wrix wrote:Lightning 1: Stuns and cannot use weapon.
Lightning 2: Stuns and knocks down briefly (RP out how long)
Lightning 3: Stuns, Shocks, and is very painful.
(So on and so forth)
When knocked down, it takes roughly 2-5 seconds to get back up. You get a slight "bump back" knockdown, and depending on whether or not you have Force Jump, you can either get up slowly, or hop up.

If there is to be an extension of the stun and knockdown effects of storm, I think the power should be half again as expensive in XP to "buy", and double to triple as expensive to "cast" in terms of the FP energy needed. Otherwise the potential to spam is too high.
<3
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|