Custom UI Configurations

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Custom UI Configurations

Post by Sared Kilvan »

I know some of you use custom camera/UI script configurations to enhance your experience in JEDI.

I would be very interested in seeing what you use! Post a screenshot of your UI, an explanation of how it works, and a download link (or code copypaste) for the files that you use.
(Assuming of course, you don't mind sharing. :))

Tyi Rah

Post by Tyi Rah »

I'm assuming you mean like VSTRs? If not then my bad.

Name: Rolling Emote Script
Version: 0.4
Description: Changes the 1 - 8 along the top of the keyboard, to all the different emotes. Using the 0 to load the next row and 9 to echo the current selection. Certain emotes have text attached to them such as emyes will also say ::Nods:: and emno says ::Shakes Head::, these are marked by a purple *.
Future Plans:
-Add Weapons
-Add Force Powers
-Add some missed emotes (such as emsleep, and I think there are some new ones coming out? I could be mistaken)
-Re-order the emotes to put the most used in the first row

Screenshot

Code: Select all

// Binds 

bind 0 "vstr EMOTESCROLL_TRIGGER"

// Variables 

set EMOTESCROLL_TRIGGER "vstr EMOTESCROLL_ECHO"
set EMOTESCROLL_ECHO "echo ^7Emote Scroll Script ^5Version 0.3 ^7by ^4=^7Tyi^4=^7Rah^4=^7. Any emote with ^6* ^7by has a chat script also included.; set EMOTESCROLL_TRIGGER vstr EMOTESCROLL_ROWONE"
set EMOTESCROLL_ROWONE "bind 1 bow; bind 2 meditate; bind 3 emsit; bind 4 emliedown; bind 5 emhello; bind 6 emraisehand; bind 7 vstr YES_COMBINE; bind 8 vstr NO_COMBINE; bind 9 echo ^51.^7Bow, ^52.^7Meditate, ^53.^7Sit, ^54.^7Lie Down, ^55.^7Hello, ^56.^7Raisehand, ^57.^7Yes^6*^7, ^58.^7No^6*^7, ^31 ^7of ^23 ; echo ^51.^7Bow, ^52.^7Meditate, ^53.^7Sit, ^54.^7Lie Down, ^55.^7Hello, ^56.^7Raisehand, ^57.^7Yes^6*^7, ^58.^7No^6*^7, ^31 ^7of ^23 ^7- ^19 ^7to ^1Refresh; set EMOTESCROLL_TRIGGER vstr EMOTESCROLL_ROWTWO"
set EMOTESCROLL_ROWTWO "bind 1 emconsole; bind 2 emcomm; bind 3 emconsolecomm; bind 4 emreach; bind 5 emcomeon; bind 6 emhips; bind 7 ematease; bind 8 emkneel; bind 9 echo ^51.^7Console, ^52.^7Comm, ^53.^7ConsoleComm, ^54.^7Reach, ^55.^7Come On, ^56.^7Hands on Hips, ^57.^7Hands Behind Back, ^58.^7Kneel, ^12 ^7of ^23; echo ^51.^7Console, ^52.^7Comm, ^53.^7ConsoleComm, ^54.^7Reach, ^55.^7Come On, ^56.^7Hands on Hips, ^57.^7Hands Behind Back, ^58.^7Kneel, ^12 ^7of ^23 ^7- ^19 ^7to ^1Refresh; set EMOTESCROLL_TRIGGER vstr EMOTESCROLL_ROWTHREE"
set EMOTESCROLL_ROWTHREE "bind 1 emknockdown; bind 2 emnoisy; bind 3 emsurrender; bind 4 emcower; bind 5 embeg; bind 6 emwait; bind 7 emlotus; bind 9 echo ^51.^7Knockdown, ^52.^7ScreamingHead, ^53.^7Surrender, ^54.^7Cower, ^55.^7Beg, ^56.^7Lean On Wall, ^57.^7Lotus, ^23 ^7of ^23;echo ^51.^7Knockdown, ^52.^7ScreamingHead, ^53.^7Surrender, ^54.^7Cower, ^55.^7Beg, ^56.^7Lean On Wall, ^57.^7Lotus, ^23 ^7of ^23 ^7- ^19 ^7to ^1Refresh; set EMOTESCROLL_TRIGGER vstr EMOTESCROLL_ROWONE"

set YES_COMBINE "vstr YES_EMOTECHAT"
set YES_EMOTECHAT "say ^7::Nods head::; emyes"

set NO_COMBINE "vstr NO_EMOTECHAT"
set NO_EMOTECHAT "say ^7::Shakes head::; emno"

Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Dayum fine work mate! Damn fine! :)

Avaeth

Post by Avaeth »

I think I've posted this somewhere on the forums. Anyway..

bind xx "vstr toggleledge"
set toggleledge   "vstr toggle2"
set toggle1      "set toggleledge vstr toggle2;rpclientconfig ledgegrab 1"
set toggle2      "set toggleledge vstr toggle1;rpclientconfig ledgegrab 0"
Replace 'xx' with a button on your keyboard.
What it does is make the xx key toggle enabling/disabling ledgegrab.
Made it toggleable to save some space on the keyboard for other binds.
It's a pretty simple script. I made it because ledgegrabbing to everything randomly is annoying.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Thanks everyone! Also, kudos to Sared for starting the whole thing!
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Tyi Rah

Post by Tyi Rah »

Old post, but something new to add.

I've picked up working on my Scroll script again, and whilst messing around with it, I came up with this. I'm fairy sure that most of you will already have something like this, and even more sure that I have over complicated a simple script.. but meh :D

It basically, clears the screen (Hud, Chat Icon, Team Logo and Connection Notices) with the first press, the second press takes the screenshot, and the third press restores everything back to your screen

Change the XXX to the key of your choice and add to your autoexec.cfg in the RPMod folder. If you don't have one just create one.

Any comments/criticisms/advise, please let me know through here/msn or pm.

bind XXX "vstr "SCREENSHOT_CLEARSCRIPT"

set SCREENSHOT_CLEARSCRIPT vstr SCREENSHOT_CLEAR

set SCREENSHOT_CLEAR "cg_draw2d 0; cg_drawfriend 0; rpc_disablechatbubble 1; con_notifytime -1; set SCREENSHOT_CLEARSCRIPT vstr SCREENSHOT_TAKE"

set SCREENSHOT_TAKE "screenshot silent; set SCREENSHOT_CLEARSCRIPT vstr SCREENSHOT_NORMAL"

set SCREENSHOT_NORMAL "cg_draw2d 1; cg_drawfriend 1; rpc_disablechatbubble 0; con_notifytime 3; echo ^2Screenshot Taken; set SCREENSHOT_CLEARSCRIPT vstr SCREENSHOT_CLEAR"
In my Scroll Script, this will be included with more options.

Tyi
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

there is a sleep cmd, /emrest i believe =D
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Phillip Braden wrote:there is a sleep cmd, /emrest i believe =D
/emsleep, and, uhh, how is it related to this topic?

Back on topic, I once released, not long ago, a screenshot cfg file to use that allowed you to control your camera with the numpad. It is like a more complete version of Tyi's own script.

Also, in some situations, I have come to use a simple cfg to toggle crouch (instead of keeping it pressed).

//Crouch toggle script .cfg file.
//I personally named this file, "crouch.cfg". If I want to use it, I simply type
//in console, "/exec crouch". Then, when I want to return to normal
//crouching, I simply "/bind c +movedown".

set cdown "bind c vstr cup;+movedown"
set cup "bind c vstr cdown;-movedown"

bind c vstr cdown

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Tyi Rah wrote:Future Plans:
-Add some missed emotes (such as emsleep, and I think there are some new ones coming out? I could be mistaken)

I was commenting on what tyi said about future plans.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

That last one will be quite handy. Thank you, Ruluk.