Adjustments to force storm

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

The difference, of course, being that without alternatives in JKA, absorb is necessary to defend not just against Storm but against all the other powers out there that we'd rather not just be blown over by.

Again I don't fundamentally have a problem with Storm but it's clear that there's a bit of a "his power is better", "no his is" syndrome here.

Also, given that at this time powers aren't even being altered in present versions of RPmod, this is a lot of wishful thinking on all sides.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Heh, but I am not complaining about absorb. I don't care if people have it, I just learn to play against it - in the same way that I play against hold 5 even though I have no defense against it.

My character has strengths and weaknesses. I can't just expect to omg skill my way through everything or hope that the mechanics afford me a fair experience. Some people are going to be more powerful than me, skill or mechanics aside.

But yes, this is mostly just ... theorycrafting.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

I just did some tests with Zeak on the server to attempt to get to the bottom of storm mechanics and how they might need to be tweaked.

For reference, Zeak and I are both Consulars.

With level 2-3-4 storm, I was not able to get past his defense 3 with my entire force pool. 2 barely touched it, 3 and 4 put him maybe down to a little under 100 force. With his absorb active, storm barely touched his force pool at all as absorb, even low-level, counteracts the drain of the saber defense.

With level 4 storm, I attempted to see the difference in one-handed casting and two-handed casting. In defending with his saber, there was -no- difference between one-handed and two-handed storm 4. This is a big issue. One-handed storm 4 should be easier to deflect with a lightsaber as it should be half as potent as two-handed storm 4.

It took me about 9-10 seconds of storm 4 one-handed to KO Zeak from full shields/stamina. With two-handed it took about five seconds. This seems consistent, damage-wise, but the blocking needs to be looked at.

I also think that the knockdown of storm 4-5 should be limited to the two-handed variant.

These, I think, are fair concessions to the power and worth discussing. Please post your thoughts or ask me for further testing.

(Note I am unaware of the difference between storm 4-5, but if/when I get it I can test for that, as well)
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

I agree at least that there should be more marked differences between one-handed and two-handed perhaps removing the sometimes-crippling knock down if it's only one handed. Something like that. Otherwise the above meshes with my own experiences.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine