Melee Cartwheel?

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Tomoran wrote:That is an extremely slippery slope. Being concerned about the idea, the implementation and the usage by the community is basically the backbone of the work of a mod team or game developer or any content that is based on 'patching' and so I think it's valid to be concerned about abuses no matter who they come from or in whatever severity.
Though I support both ideas in the end, this is a very valid point. People should not be condescended to if they have fair concerns about anything.
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

I apologise for coming across so condescending, it happens a lot and I don't consciously intend to do it. I agree the concern for potential abuse is a valid one. But I also feel that the suggestion for a melee cartwheel is not worth waving the potential abuse flag for. As it stands, we already have bunny hopping. Adding a cartwheel means there's just more than one way a hopeful (or member) could do the same thing. So the annoyance is already there, and can't really be removed. Having the cartwheel in place has a number of benefits in my opinion and doesn't add to the potential for abuse pile, it just highlights the same marker as bunny hopping. (if that makes sense)

Here's a thought, though. Would it be possible to have the act of the melee cartwheel consume Force Points? This strikes me as a happy-medium. Although the act of a cartwheel doesn't require any skill in the Force what-so-ever, this would minimise the abuse by guests.
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Like I said earlier, as long as we use the NPC cartwheel on the ground and not the obnoxious loop jump one I am fine with this implemented.

EDIT: For the record, in an old mod called "Duelers" mod, players could edit their rolls, forward, sideways and back, as well as their backflip animation on the fly. I am fairly certain these animations are somewhere and I refuse to believe that we need that pointless mega jump.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Arendur
Lost One

Post by Arendur »

It'd be nice to be able to cartwheel without pulling out the lightsaber.
| Someone should make me a cool signature | Clothes welcome too |