Wont let me join

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Arendur
Lost One

Post by Arendur »

If you can join other servers RPMod is not more demanding, the issue is not your computer. If you detail follow the installation it will work. You must have the client in the rpmod folder for it to work. It's how the game engine is structured.

I look forward to seeing you in the server.
| Someone should make me a cool signature | Clothes welcome too |
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

For reference, I keep all but the client files in my Base folder and never have any issues...
Seylone Sa'atui

Post by Seylone Sa'atui »

The Base folder is the only folder that I can put downloads in and they will go onto the game. I tried to make different folders in my Jedi Academy Folder to hold downloads, but they would not be loaded into the game. It made no difference after I put the client into the rpmod folder.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Oh, never use additional folders - the game won't read them. You can keep mods and files to be loaded with a mod in that mod's folder (e.g. Gamebase/RPMod), which will use any files in that folder any time the mod itself loads (which is on start-up if you use the shortcut provided with the install), but putting them in Base loads them regardless of what mod you're running.
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Seylone Sa'atui wrote:The Base folder is the only folder that I can put downloads in and they will go onto the game. I tried to make different folders in my Jedi Academy Folder to hold downloads, but they would not be loaded into the game. It made no difference after I put the client into the rpmod folder.
From how you seem to speak about this, it really seems that you are loading the game as normal, without loading it with Rpmod. You should load the game with Rpmod. I don't know how to place command lines on a mac, since the executable coming with the Rpmod download doesn't work on Macs, and I don't know if .bat files work, but the line should be around:

Code: Select all

jamp +set fs_game "rpmod"
Are you opening the game in this manner? Or are you just opening the game as normal?

Side note, to answer your question about files not reading on other folders but base, you have to load the "mod". Every folder next to base that you create must be loaded, either from startup (using the command line explained above) or by going (in the game main menu) to Setup --> Mods --> [Choose the mod you want to load] --> Load mod. Otherwise, the game will only read the default base folder.

EDIT: You must place all those new folders, Rpmod folder included, in [JKA folder]/gamedata. Do NOT place them inside /gamedata/base, NOR place them inside the JKA folder only.

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Seylone Sa'atui

Post by Seylone Sa'atui »

If I put the RP mod in the base it loads up automatically with RP mod.

I got the rpmod folder to work. It kicks me off the server the same way it does if I am missing a map, vehicles, etc.
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Rpmod is sposed to go in your gamedata folder mate, nowhere else.

Besides that, you should be able to connect to the server without actually having rpmod, from what I heard Soh say once it *is* a serverside mod.

Think of your rpmod folder as an additional base fodler, just for JEDI.

There isn't a single JEDI download in my base folder, I keep it all in my RPMOD folder in my gamedata folder.

I'm not good with all this mumbo jumbo but these guys know what they're talking about 8)
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria