Saber Styles

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Caleb Quintilian
Lost One

Post by Caleb Quintilian »

Olim Adasca wrote: A stance is a stance is a stance is a stance.
Well... technically it's not a stance... I mean if you change from blue to yellow you're not changing your stance...

[/rant]
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Andrew Quintilian wrote:
Olim Adasca wrote: A stance is a stance is a stance is a stance.
Well... technically it's not a stance... I mean if you change from blue to yellow you're not changing your stance...

[/rant]
You actually do. You just might not change FORMS. Forms are all dependant on the player.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Caleb Quintilian
Lost One

Not to be a polemicist or anything but, to be clear, a stance is where you change your stance, your foot position, rather than how you brandish your weapon. Unless you have some sort of modification, as you cycle through the "styles" you adjust your grip/arm position into what seems to have been animated with inspiration from Kendo (also the chief inspiration to the lightsaber technique by Star Wars choreographers.) Apparently the base game red style replicates exactly the "Royal" hand positioning from Kendo, according to the martial artist who started a Jedi Academy community centered on training and philosophy, which still exists today!
Caleb Quintilian
Lost One

EDIT: Double post error.
Last edited by Caleb Quintilian on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
dannywitkovski

Post by dannywitkovski »

○I know I am going off topic, but is there any way to make your own stance? And that everyone else can see it? Or that has to be integrated into the game?

Iv seen people insert animations before through hilts, is that possible for stances? :?:

○And on topic. Stance is just how you stand, form is another thing totally. For example: Two practitioners can use the same Form, like Djem So, but still have a different stance in it [Luke Skywalker and his father Anakin].

Form is more of a philosophy, stance is just visual. But some forms can be recognized by its stance, for example Ataru or Makashi.
| Name: Mateus Mos'aar | Age: 9 | Gender: Male | Species: Nagai | Mateus Mos'aar Skin, Click to download!
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

I know Ergo and Maloush have stance anims if that helps, or I believe Ergo did but I'm unsure if he still does but I noticed that the last weapons pack update log said 'Maloush <blade> stance anims updated' or something like that.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Yes, but those stance animations are build into our .saber file, for the custom lightsabers made available to some Padawans and all Knights and Masters, so they are chosen when the lightsaber is added to the server. They're not for use by the general population.
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Aslyn wrote:Yes, but those stance animations are build into our .saber file, for the custom lightsabers made available to some Padawans and all Knights and Masters, so they are chosen when the lightsaber is added to the server. They're not for use by the general population.
Which proves the point that you don't NEED new stances unless you want them for realism, and that kind of wanting will probably occurr by the time you are eligible for such a saber. Makes it something to work for.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Olim Adasca wrote: Which proves the point that you don't NEED new stances unless you want them for realism, and that kind of wanting will probably occurr by the time you are eligible for such a saber. Makes it something to work for.
Providing you get initiate, but yes it would be something to look forward to.
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Phillip Braden wrote:
Olim Adasca wrote: Which proves the point that you don't NEED new stances unless you want them for realism, and that kind of wanting will probably occurr by the time you are eligible for such a saber. Makes it something to work for.
Providing you get initiate, but yes it would be something to look forward to.
If you don't, there's no point in getting into this suggestion thread anyway.
abahnur

Post by abahnur »

I'm not yet accepted in to the JEDi, so i REALLY can't say anithing, but that one of you said, you can modific your hilt, thus giveing a stance for it (even tho I dont know how, and i asking for someone who could tell me how is that posible). And i read some comment that the current combat system is good as it's, so why change it?!

well I can't judge anyone , so isntead i stay sillent for now :3
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Abahnur - it's just a matter of coding the text file that goes with the lightsaber to alter the animations when a particular set of instructions is given. It's not that hard to do.
Caleb Quintilian
Lost One

Abahnur, I have PMed you a list of things you can alter in the .sab file and how it is accomplished, I hope it helps! If you have any specific questions, add me on MSN.

-Andrew
abahnur

Post by abahnur »

Thank you mate :3 I shall look in to it ^^