New Forum Section

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Rulan Var

New Forum Section

Post by Rulan Var »

Not sure if this goes here since most of the suggestions are for the Mod.

We could have a new forum section titles "Character Development" or "Rp Media" with the purpose of further developing a persons character using media such as video's and comics. Like if I made a film of my character on a mission. It can be some sort of media. Another example is if I made a comic of a conversation between my character and someone else or a mission etc.

Other members should not be used in the media unless the author has their permission and they work together to make it.

For example I wouldnt make an event with say Tergos without his permission and without him actually helping to make the media.
Tergos would have to agree to be part of it and help write the script etc.

Finished Videos, comics, etc can be posted for others to enjoy if they want.

Con = Wouldnt be an live role play. (unless it was filmed live in the server and then edited)

Pro = Everyone has access to it reguardless if they where actually around to see it.

Let me know what you think.
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

The Suggestions board is for suggestions regarding the RPmod.

The OOC board encompasses this idea of your's.

I do not view such media as relevant to character development, merely a self-gratifying endeavor.

Admin note: moved to ((OOC))
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

While I see Alkur's point I don't think a little arty media section would be that bad. A lot of people like doing the JEDI funnies or adding to picture threads with hand drawings and stuff.

Why not? Sounds fun and I do enjoy a good picture. :roll:

...Just - keep the *live role play* live and in server though, that's main thing for me.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

I think this is a bad idea.

You shouldn't learn about a persons character if your own character isn't there to get to know them. RP should be done in the server, and this has the potential to detract from it.

Species: Ryn

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Alkur Tekeil wrote: I do not view such media as relevant to character development
Kind of what I was thinking.
Sorry.

There are already a lot of duties and OOC distractions within JEDI that keep people from spending time on the server. The less, the better. There are also plenty of Character Development threads in the Rules and Tips section.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Nastajja Arren wrote:I think this is a bad idea.

You shouldn't learn about a persons character if your own character isn't there to get to know them. RP should be done in the server, and this has the potential to detract from it.
'Nuff said.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Cynthia
Lost One

Post by Cynthia »

Illrian Damaris wrote:
Nastajja Arren wrote:I think this is a bad idea.

'Nuff said.
Ru Seentras
Lost One

Post by Ru Seentras »

Yeah I'm a fan of not wanting to know something unless my character is right there experiencing it. Maybe if it was "what if" situations or a re-enactment of a mission, that would be cool. But otherwise, I say nay on this idea.
Age 5. Home planet: Tatooine. Race: Zabrak Initated: 291.09 Birthday: 287.06