Sared's Ten Commandments of Skinning

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

Serris K'Ral wrote:I very much doubt 200 years would change much considering how long the Old Jedi Order was around for, the Old Jedi Order remained very traditional through-out it's existence I think, seeing as they wore the same robes from Kotor 2 untill Order 66. I also think we're only a 100 years and if correct, very little or nothing would change in that Star Wars Universe.
JEDI Holonet wrote:the JEDI clan also provides its own background storyline set more than 250 years ABY
You're right, I was thinking 200 because of that quote right there, but thats after Yavin. If you take time up to the era of Cade Skywalker, it's closer to the time you quote. My bad!

That being said though, you're right that fashion may not change too much in that much time. But the standard of what's acceptable for a Jedi to wear does. You can see this between the Jedi of KOTOR and the Jedi of JK3. JK3 is closer to our timeline than KOTOR, as well. Robes are not the only clothing in the universe.

If you don't like wearing something different thats fine. It's a personal preference. I'd even go so far to say that you should make that a character trait to bring up in RP. It could make for interesting IC interactions. But that shouldn't OOCly restrict others who do not share the same opinions.

Species: Ryn

Serris K'Ral
Lost One

Post by Serris K'Ral »

Nastajja Arren wrote:
Serris K'Ral wrote:I very much doubt 200 years would change much considering how long the Old Jedi Order was around for, the Old Jedi Order remained very traditional through-out it's existence I think, seeing as they wore the same robes from Kotor 2 untill Order 66. I also think we're only a 100 years and if correct, very little or nothing would change in that Star Wars Universe.
JEDI Holonet wrote:the JEDI clan also provides its own background storyline set more than 250 years ABY
You're right, I was thinking 200 because of that quote right there, but thats after Yavin. If you take time up to the era of Cade Skywalker, it's closer to the time you quote. My bad!

That being said though, you're right that fashion may not change too much in that much time. But the standard of what's acceptable for a Jedi to wear does. You can see this between the Jedi of KOTOR and the Jedi of JK3. JK3 is closer to our timeline than KOTOR, as well. Robes are not the only clothing in the universe.

If you don't like wearing something different thats fine. It's a personal preference. I'd even go so far to say that you should make that a character trait to bring up in RP. It could make for interesting IC interactions. But that shouldn't OOCly restrict others who do not share the same opinions.
I'm fine with people wearing clothes which aren't traditional, it makes things interesting lol. I was just pointing out what sort of clothing you'd expect the current Jedi to wear.

-
"Choosing inaction as a philosophy is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation" - Jedi Master Quell.
-
|age_20|birthdate_.15|race_Iktotchi|Homeworld_Bespin - New Cloud City |Mentor_Ametha Tasia, Kih Bu|
-

Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

As long as your outfit fits into the setting, I don't think there should be any issues. You don't walk around in a tank top and some jeans in the temple, but you might have it as one of your skins for when you need to dress more like a civilian for a mission or something. Little bit of common sense, dress appropriate for the situation (just like anyone would irl)

Besides that, I don't think I care.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Well,

Glad we got the issue of clothing in a time line cleared. :lol:

Next? :roll:

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

As you may or may not recall, Sared and I did write-ups about the thinking behind our skins that can be found here and here. I'd encourage people to have a shot at writing their own - put pen to paper and jot down some of your reasons for having your character dress the way they do.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Good idea chaps, I might join in on that.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:As you may or may not recall, Sared and I did write-ups about the thinking behind our skins that can be found here and here. I'd encourage people to have a shot at writing their own - put pen to paper and jot down some of your reasons for having your character dress the way they do.
Good idea... might join you on this when I have time. :P
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Johauna Darkrider wrote:
Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:As you may or may not recall, Sared and I did write-ups about the thinking behind our skins that can be found here and here. I'd encourage people to have a shot at writing their own - put pen to paper and jot down some of your reasons for having your character dress the way they do.
Good idea... might join you on this when I have time. :P
I think your in need of a major overhaul and come back if you are intending on doing that, Jo. :wink:

:: Whispers :: Just don't wear them timeberland boots you have planned for wearing on your return. :shock:

Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Sebastin Creed wrote:I think your in need of a major overhaul and come back if you are intending on doing that, Jo. :wink:

:: Whispers :: Just don't wear them timeberland boots you have planned for wearing on your return. :shock:
Pfft, Jo's attires were completelly ok and I don't plan much changes in that regard. Means, I liked what she had and I intend to keep her the way she was.

And not sure what timberland boots are, tbh :)
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

I know, was only teasing. :wink:

Also for reference: Timberland Boots

Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Sebastin Creed wrote:I know, was only teasing. :wink:

Also for reference: Timberland Boots
I think Jo would rather eat her tunics than to wear *this* ;)
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Haha! Least it leave a foot print when you stomp over Azra'el! :lol:

Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Azra'el's head is too big to be flattened by mere Timberlands. Anyway, back on topic.. :roll:
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Yes sorry, my fault apologies. Back to the topic.

Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

I agree with some of the things mentioned, especially skimpy outfits, and some not. As someone (lol) who has both 'hoodies' and armour/stealth clothing, I read through peoples comments in response to these parts and I agree. There is nothing wrong with them, unless they go overboard, but with having something out of the ordinary means the person should also know when and when not to wear such clothing. It shouldn't really come under a 'Do and do not'. They're simply clothing which are to be used(should be used) for a specific situation, there isn't anything wrong with that.

That said, I can't see how hoodies are an issue at all, surprised they've been brought up. Is it worth giving a damn if you haven't seen a Jedi in canon wearing one? Surely we are allowed to set own our 'style' of Jedi-wear, straying away from the usual Jedi clothing, but also keeping some logic behind what we wear, right? If we didn't want to see some change in clothing, we'd be stuck in one time period, but we aren't, we're constantly 'progressing', like our history/plot.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades