Young Twilek Model

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

Okay, to make sure there is no confusion I'm going to tell everything that hapened.

Problem: Jka ha constant 1-4 secnd long freezes frequently. It happens more often when I am typing or moving aroudn the map. (This only happens on JKA)

When I noticed it: I noticed it after I went onto the JEDI TEMPLE server yesterday for a second time, I was pming Tomoran and I couldn't see what I was typing half the time because it would freeze so much. While speccing It would freeze even mre often if I was moving around. I had not noticed it earlier after a little above 3 hours of roleplaying. It seemed to just be like this when i went back on. The only real change I made between the first and second time I got onto the server was a setting (I think dynamic glow) but I have reversed it and it is the same.

What this is not: This is definitely not a server-side error as there is no connection interupted signal, as well as the lagometer does not show any server connection issue, the green line on it spikes up whenever it freezes, but as far as I know that indicates a client side issue. This issue is not due to rpmod, as even with my base folder emptied it happens in base jka.

What I have done : I have tried it on both base jka, and rpmod on various maps. I have downgraded a couple settings. I moved everything besides neccesarry game files out of my base folder. I did I quck scan on my computer for malware.

What those above solved : I'm afraid they didn't fix it or improve it in any way.

Why I am sort of freaking out : These spikes are dehabilitating. I can't type well with them. Any sort of ingame physical activity would not be an option really.

It seems as though the only option I'm left with is reinstalling, though if anyone has any idea's please tell me.

(I do have a vague feeling that reinstalling won't fix this, but I'll try it anyway)
Last edited by Ellana on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Like I said, I have similar few second lag spikes that are pretty much the same as you describe them. I've tried several things, but I have yet to to find a solution sadly.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Something that you may want to consider.
The map, with the things such as the monitors in the cantina running, would lag me when the monitor would be in my general direction of view.
That may be what's happening with you...where are you on the map, and where are you facing when you constantly lag?

Because I know when you first go to spec, it often faces the cantina and the monitors within the cantina, so that could be what's causing your little lag spikes. Used to do it with me till I got a new laptop.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

I have tried it on both base jka, and rpmod on various maps
At first I thought it was the map too, but I tried it on two different base FFA maps, as well as JEDI_Transport.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Where I've been in the map has never affected me personally. If I come up with a solution, I will post it, though.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Are you using Wine, Windows, or Macintosh? Wine has been known to sport a similar issue.

Secondly, have you even run JKA without a problem in the past? If so can you recall what happened to change that? (New graphics card, reformat, etc.)
Kiwron Tirladdik
Lost One

Post by Kiwron Tirladdik »

I was laggin pretty serious as well that. My ISP is verizon, maybe they were doin something (prolly not), if your ISP is verizon (then maybe), i would feel smart about my idea. If not i guess i just suck.
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

I used windows and just earlier yesterday there was no problem. I can't think of anything I changed. I did install a few skins, but not into the game directory (I have a seperate area for skinning projects and stuff etc)
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Doubt it'll do much or anything at all, but you could try installing Game Booster and see if that helps.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

First try disabling dynamic lights and dynamic glow. Those can take their toll on even the most sophisticated graphics cards.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I've tried playing around with graphical settings like dynamic glow, etc. Doesn't fix it. It really seems to be lag, according to the lagometer.
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

I finished reinstalling (Plus I downloaded the game booster thing, Thank you Zeak!), and it seems to be working normally.

But yeah that was the oddest thing I've ever had happen in JKA.

Also, I wish to apologize that this thread went on longer and got off topic. (I kinda-sorta freaked out over the problem with my JKA client).