Tomoran's Class Revamp (Not Finished)

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

"Force sense was one of the most basic Force abilities for a Jedi. It could be used to feel another being's feelings, the future, ripples in the Force caused by momentous or traumatic events, impending danger and the presence of the dark side. A more concentrated, more directed form of this ability was likely how Jedi were able to see others without relying on their physical senses."

"An extension of Force sense, was the Jedi ability of Telepathy. With this ability, Jedi could use the Force to sense a persons feelings, gain impressions or images of their thoughts, or even mentally communicate with other Jedi."

We all already use the 'advanced' forms of Sense with just one point in it. People dying causing disturbances in the force can be as simple as 'frag' messages and feelings/the future has to be roleplayed.

Mechanical Sense =/= Force Sense as a concept.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Delmi wrote:The ability to sense is fairly common with in the Jedi.
90% of all Jedi, ever wrote:There's a disturbance in the Force.
But in all seriousness, sense levels should be changed.
Any real disturbance in the Force can be felt by pretty much any Force-sensitive with half decent training. Your 90% estimate pretty much says that in itself. The ability to sense a disturbance in itself is different from being able to sense what this disturbance is and what caused it. Not every Jedi has God-like sensing power.
The ability to sense is common, yes. The ability to sense to such extreme degrees isnt. Sense 4-5 are best carried off in an RP fashion in any case as there is only so much you can do with the Quake engine to give the idea of a 'realistic' Force Sense. If magic floaty names are highly important, then... /shrug.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

And I would be more than willing to give floaty names to level 2-5, as long as I could very much change the ranges available to those levels.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Tomoran wrote:And I would be more than willing to give floaty names to level 2-5, as long as I could very much change the ranges available to those levels.
I'd rather that not be the case. Else what are the "advantages" of 3, 4 and 5? (if you can call them that.)

Something to keep in mind that I mentioned before is that almost all abilities reach their main potential by level 2-3.
Some (like speed) reach that earlier and are more valuable at level 1.
Taking many powers beyond 3 simply increases their duration which would be harmful considering our Force regeneration rate is about drop dramatically.
Having a power activated for longer will prevent you from regenerating FP for longer. That's not too good!

So really, I personally don't feel the need to take Sense over level 2. It's range is as far as it needs to be and I can usually tell who is who by their Model shape. You don't really need names above the head.

It's only real use beyond level 2, in my opinion, is for breaking Mind Trick which to me seems a little silly since people shouldn't be Mind Tricking other Jedi anyway and most of the time they do, it's just for giggles.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Amoné Fayden wrote:
Tomoran wrote:And I would be more than willing to give floaty names to level 2-5, as long as I could very much change the ranges available to those levels.
I'd rather that not be the case. Else what are the "advantages" of 3, 4 and 5? (if you can call them that.)
I'm talking DRASTICALLY change the ranges of the levels.

Right now, levels 3-5 have the same range.

I'm talking about making the ranges way different from 1-5. So 2 could sense names, but only names like through a wall basically next to you. 3 would get further, 4 further than that, and 5 is Force google maps, etc.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Tomoran wrote: I'm talking DRASTICALLY change the ranges of the levels.

Right now, levels 3-5 have the same range.

I'm talking about making the ranges way different from 1-5. So 2 could sense names, but only names like through a wall basically next to you. 3 would get further, 4 further than that, and 5 is Force google maps, etc.
Fair enough.
Won't complain about that.
But uh... Isn't changing the actual Force Powers themselves still a bit of a pipe dream?

Need clarification!

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Amoné Fayden wrote:But uh... Isn't changing the actual Force Powers themselves still a bit of a pipe dream?

Need clarification!
Indeed, but once upon a time so was changing classes or the costs of force powers.

The classes change is done (not implemented) and the costs is up next (I can start once we change classes and I get the .dat file) so it's a pipe dream but it's one that's closer and closer.

The mechanics will be changing. I will see to it. Why doubt me? I've been good on my word so far. We won't always agree, but you should never doubt my determination to change (or hopefully improve) the system.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

If editing Force Powers and what they do is as simple as editing a .dat file then great.
But something tells me it's not that easy!

*A Wild Soh appears*

.....No?

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

It's not, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. Changing the mechanics of force powers and their specific numbers is one of the last things I plan on doing.

It also happens to be the one that will be the most debated and speculated since it will change a lot about how we play/what things do.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I would not be opposed to the idea of level 3 sense, possibly even 2, getting the floating names.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri