Slower running backward speed for Gunner class

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

That makes a lot more sense. It's been done in OJP. And that's RPmods base from what I can tell.
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Oberon wrote:Who runs around while shooting anyway.
Many people actually, and just to give it some canon 'support', you even see it in the movies. Backwards? Well that's another matter.
Last edited by Zeak Dystiny on Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Nicholae Carnassi wrote:Honestly, I'd rather scrap this idea and implement an aim penalty for shooting while moving period.
This sounds both less tedious and easier to implement for a more effective balancing mechanism. Change the way the guns work, not the characters.

Jenny Wrix
Lost One

Post by Jenny Wrix »

But its not about accuracy while running or any aim penalty right? Its about the Jedi being able to catch up faster. (Right?)
Nicholae Carnassi
Lost One

Post by Nicholae Carnassi »

Jenny Wrix wrote:But its not about accuracy while running or any aim penalty right? Its about the Jedi being able to catch up faster. (Right?)
I don't think so. Any Jedi can catch up faster by jumping. I'm pretty sure that the intent is to balance out the two classes.
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Oh, oh ho ho ho

Please don't use the word balance in this discussion.

Gunners are Jedi food and attempting make gunners worse for the sake of balance is laughable. This seems more of a realism change than anything which is fine with me but it has nothing to do with balance in my mind.

From a balance standpoint, there's no real reason for them to move any slower while moving backward. Jedi have a hundred times the mobility of a gunner and far better survivability.

Reminder: Balance means two classes having an equal opportunity against each other in any situation. For two options to be balanced, they should have strengths that make up for their weaknesses. In the Jedi vs. Gunner equation, Jedi have only one weakness, range, that can be very easily overcome.

Gunners have a long list of weaknesses that they cannot overcome. This equation is nowhere near balanced and I could discuss what I thought could be done to balance it but ... no.

I don't accept that this is a balance change. I don't.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Nicholae Carnassi
Lost One

Post by Nicholae Carnassi »

Care to share what you accept it as, then? I'm not being disrespectful - please don't interpret my words that way. I'm simply trying to understand what part of your reply was meant to be a contribution to implementing this idea, or not. (Read: I didn't really understand your point.)
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Oh

Simply that it was a realism change and not a balance change

AKA: I can't run as fast backwards as I can forward (even if I am trying to avoid shin splints)
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.