Hopeful-class

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Davek-Suun-Ki

Post by Davek-Suun-Ki »

This was an interesting proposal. Has this concept been implemented or had a revisit?
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

No, and this was discussed four years ago. I don't believe it will be, especially not after this much time has passed.

Species: Ryn

Ellana

Post by Ellana »

(Have only read the first page of posts)

Even being a hopeful myself at the moment, I don't find this very useful.

Here are 5 reasons I don't support this.

1. It would clutter up the amount of accounts, because honestly most hopefuls don't get initiated.

2. The hopefuls don't get any sort of jedi training during there hopefulship really. They just get basic insight into what the force is, why the jedi are here, what they do etc.

3. The days of random excessive hopeful sparring are gone, so health pool doesn't matter.

4. Force pool doesn't matter because they don't use the force yet.

5. The hopefuls are hopefuls! Not initiates, not students really. They are what they are, people that hope to become jedi.

At first glance this seems decent, but really I think it is not worth Soh's time. And even after that I don't think it's practical. Let's keep things the way they are... mostly.

(No offense intended to anyone that may support this)
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Is tempted to break out the Gabe Alkorda Resurrection picture again.

As much as it makes me sound like a jerk saying so. Hopefuls arn't supposed to be "equal" with members in the clan. We get it that the wait sucks n' all that. But grab a dedicated friend and RP a couple of rascals and it flies by quick and is really fun. I still lol a bit when thinking back on Alara and my's shenanigans.

But to conclude by being a big jerk. Classes are embellishment to RP. They're about as needed as a hopeful stage. ;)
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Indeed, the hopeful stage is intended for one to show their metal in role play, and I don't see how a hopeful account could increase role play opportunities for a hopeful.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Ametha Tasia wrote:Indeed, the hopeful stage is intended for one to show their metal in role play, and I don't see how a hopeful account could increase role play opportunities for a hopeful.
Indeed, if you add stuff for hopefuls in terms of class and stuff it can kinda ruin it, and takes the fun and excitement you feel if/when you get initiated, I enjoy waiting ;).

Hopefuls aren't supposed to be special, technically they are just civilians awaiting the judgement of the High Council.

Don't let RPmod spoil you ;), the mod doesn't make RP, We do!
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Elu Dako wrote: Don't let RPmod spoil you ;), the mod doesn't make RP, We do!
Yeah! ::nervous laugh::

I ugh... like your spirit kid, we do make the rp... but the RPmod... it ugh... Certainly helps! Right everyone? Right?

::Hides Elu from Soh:: :shock:

Woo for RPmod. :D

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

I misspoke before, let me rephrase it: "RPmod doesn't make RP, it helps, but in the end it comes down to us and our imaginations, don't let the mods mechanics spoil you." ;)
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

I think we'd survive without RPMod, but the emotes... They add so much.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Indeed, and with that now said - let's leave this thread as it is.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol