Are you Scared of Sared? (Sig contest!)

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Are you Scared of Sared? (Sig contest!)

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Hopefully not, but he can be an odd individual at times.
(Because that's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh, I like it.)

Halloween isn't really a big deal for me, but it is an excuse to scare the hell out of some little kids and not go to jail for it, and I am, to coin a phrase 'all about that'.

So what's this contest, you say? Well as you can probably tell, I like my sigs, and I like 'em well enough that I can't ever decide on just one. I wanted to do something that fit the fall/autumn time of year that's arrived, but I just couldn't think of anything.

Make me a signature image! Here's my template. The winners will be selected based on style, creativity, and aesthetics.

The only guidelines that I would ask that you follow is that you keep to the template provided (feel free to change the font), and exclude the use of any language, nudity, or excessive gore (nothing you wouldn't see on these boards). Apart from that, let your imagination run wild! I don't mind poking fun at myself, or my character, and I do appreciate a thoughtful eye for design. Submit your entries to me via commport PM, in .PNG or .GIF format, by November 3rd (296.03).

The winner's creation will be permanently added into my signature code's rotation, displayed for for eternity on the entrails of my posts, comments, journal entries and tutorials!
Last edited by Sared Kilvan on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

And the winner is....Amone! Fantastic work, and a rich round of applause to you for it!

Here's what he had to say about his design!
Amoné Fayden wrote:The colour scheme and backdrop:

I felt the backdrop should be something cold and icy.
It has a similar theme to your ironically named "Warm" skin and I also acknowledge that we are based on Alzoc - an ice planet. On top of that, Sared often spends time outside the building windows in the cold and his demeanor can often pass as quite glacial.

The ghostly hand and ring:
Sared's Bio wrote:Landing in an abandoned factory on Churba, he was discovered by a chance civilian patrol. They found him clutching the partially destroyed droid, and a simple silver band, hanging on a chain around his neck with the words “Sared Kilvan” inscribed on the inside.
The hand is that of a young Sared reaching out for somebody to take it, the silver band with his name on it, hanging from the fingers.
Behind Sared is an identity and a history. I think a lot of people forget about their Bio's and their character's past when they are eventually made into Initiates, Padawans, Knights and so on.

Sared has a lot of life experiences and a lot of mysteries beyond his time in the Jedi Order. I felt that there needed to be an element of "who is Sared and where did he come from?" in the signature.

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

That's really cool
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

Love it!!

Species: Ryn

Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Nicely done, Amoné!
I've gotta make a new one myself, actually.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

That's some pro work right there.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Delmi wrote:That's some pro work right there.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian