RPMod Icon Launch Error

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Jett Corro

RPMod Icon Launch Error

Post by Jett Corro »

Apologies if this has already been brought to the communities attention, but I didn't want to bump an old thread so I made a judgement call and posted a new topic.

Sound memory manager started
Loading dll file ui.
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm.
Failed.
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
VM_Create on UI failed

I have a PC and that error pops up when I click on the RPMod Launch Icon on my desktop. However, when I launch straight from my disk and load the mod manually it allows me to join the server but I see some animations as "T" (arms out to the side). I have the animations pk3 in rpmod as recommended, I've tried removing the animation pk3s and seperating the newer one from the one that was included in the mod install, and I've reinstalled both the animation pk3s but still haven't been able to fix this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Jett Corro on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Re: RPMod Icon Launch Error

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Make sure the animations are in the RPMod folder and that you don't have any other animation mods in the RPMod or base folder. Sometimes conflicts with a _humandoid.gla can create the "T" pose in game.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Jett Corro

Post by Jett Corro »

Just to keep everyone on tabs I am uninstalling and going to reinstall. Knight Delmi mentioned trying an automatic installer so I'm going to attempt that.
Jett Corro

Post by Jett Corro »

I somehow managed to get RPMod to work with Windows 7.

I went into properties, changed the compatibility to Windows XP Service 3 Pack and that seemed to fix the problem. Hopefully this will help anyone else in the future.

Also, if you're running Windows 7 and have the black bars on the sides of your screen ctrl+alt+F11 seems to fix this problem. It may mess with your actual display outside of game but I believe once you re-adjust it to the proper settings it won't effect later gameplay.

Thanks for the help Delmi and Kenta.
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Glad to hear you're up and running!
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Generally, this happens because the game doesn't run with Administrator privileges. In which case you can fix it by right-clicking on the shortcut, then "Run as Administrator". You can make this permanent by editing the shortcut's properties, then by clicking the "Advanced" button on the first tab.