100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 20

Kenta
Lost One

NPC Target

Post by Kenta »

I've been wondering recently if it's possible to put in a command like say /npc target <npc name> <name> <name> <name> to target one or perhaps even a list, and only go after those listed so we don't have them running all over the place randomly attacking anyone in sight.
Last edited by Kenta on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RP Age: 126 Next Birthday: 371.1
Stupid is a disease spreading at an alarming rate. - Kenta
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Re: NPC Target

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Great idea, support 100%
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

I Just wish it was possible that NPCs wouldn't "lock on" the first enemy target they spot, but be able to switch to a new one when the first one goes out of sight.

Right now, the only way to be attacked by a NPC that is already locked on someone else, is to "touch it" physically (either by attacking it or just come in contact with it).

That's quite annoying, especially when you use ranged NPCs.

You can't choose what is right

Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

Hey, if it's possible then it sure gets my vote! On far too many occassions have things been spawned only to run off and attack the wrong people!

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Rian Vun
Lost One

Post by Rian Vun »

Aayla Vigil wrote:I Just wish it was possible that NPCs wouldn't "lock on" the first enemy target they spot, but be able to switch to a new one when the first one goes out of sight.

Right now, the only way to be attacked by a NPC that is already locked on someone else, is to "touch it" physically (either by attacking it or just come in contact with it).

That's quite annoying, especially when you use ranged NPCs.

This. If something like this could be implemented it would make npc battles more dynamic. Heck, even if it's a 1 on 1 battle, and you hide behind rock or something, perhaps the npcs should leave combat and be forced to look for you, instead of jumping at your position or slicing their way around a pillar.

Kenta, your idea seems suitable as well, I support this! +1
Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

If it's doable, I'd totally support that.. :)
The way NPS's are, they are kinda.. not too smart. :)
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

I have to agree with the idea completely.
If its able to be done, do it.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

I'm with Aayla. Also the troopers don't even hit us when they shoot, probably good for a separate suggestion in it's self but, it's worth noting that the generally need a LOT of work to become what many would consider useful.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Kenta
Lost One

Post by Kenta »

I'm not sure of the specifics but NPCs have swapped targets in the gauntlet sessions we've held in the past, weather it's simply another person touching them thereby attracting attention, or it being damage based, but there has to be something in the scripts to make things smoother as far as targeting goes, but in my opinion we can atleast start with a target command, it would also help alot in missions where normally we would need to set it to teams to keep the NPCs from attacking friendlies.
RP Age: 126 Next Birthday: 371.1
Stupid is a disease spreading at an alarming rate. - Kenta
Zelai Kol'iva
Lost One

Post by Zelai Kol'iva »

I've seen this problem happen many times where the NPC's seem to ''usually'' aim for the hopefuls. So something like this would be great, its got my support.
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

I'd hate to take this suggestion which may or may not be doable and make it more complicated but I have an expansion. I like Kenta's idea, and I like Aayla's too (both can of course exist at the same time). But I'd like to expan on Aayla's.

I've noticed that npcs tend to target hopefuls first too. I'm wondering if we could make it like it is in WoW where npcs can detect a "threat level" of human targets, and aim for the highest threat. I think that'd be more realistic and it'd help even things in a fight.
Zelai Kol'iva
Lost One

Post by Zelai Kol'iva »

Just to expand on the post Simus made. He noted threat levels, maybe these could be based on the class of a character or character level as a whole?