Droid suggestion

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Gabriel

Droid suggestion

Post by Gabriel »

I dont know if y'all can do this but i was thinking that maybe at a rank of knight or something the said knight could have access to obtain a droid. like they could get a astromach droid that could follow them around and help them out, kind off like those medical and serving droids we have around the enclave.I dont know if its possible or not. just an idea.

G/\abriel
http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/J ... ack;109999 My skin

height4.5 Ft.|race_Felecatian| mentor_None|Rank_Hopefull
Elu Dako

Re: Droid suggestion

Post by Elu Dako »

That is already possible I think, though they could easily just spawn a r2 droid, then destroy it and respawn it at the new location, they move too slow otherwise.

There are droid vehicles though which I've seen used before.

Also knights tend to have personal droids, which they usually bought while still a padawan.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

O cool. but i meant something along the lines of if a student talks to them they would respond

Wynne Avurys
Lost One

Post by Wynne Avurys »

Only perhaps if a Master or *if* a Padawan student were allowed to control a droid.
It has been done in a special roleplay for the "maintenance" of the enclave.
Not very often.

| age_11 | species_hapan | homeworld_kuat | 293.05 |
| initiated_298.08 | Wynne Avurys | rank_initiate |

|I Want It All|
First step to feeling good is looking good.
There are things I cannot do. But there are certainly things I will do.

Computers . . . so unreliable . . . just like people.
Leadership is a privilege to better the lives of others.
It is not an opportunity to satisfy personal greed.

Herenai
Lost One

Post by Herenai »

It has been done in the past, I remember an old member having his protocol like droid with him. It was able to interact with everyone.
Zekii to Azra : "You're blue because of the lack of oxygen in your blood ! "
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Yeah a following droid would be pretty cool but I think I would get annoyed at it getting stuck behind map protrusions or closing doors.
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Friendly classed NPC's (green aura with sense 2+), can be made to follow using mindtrick 1+. The following system is pretty decent, at least on astromechs.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Does it wear off or does it keep at it until you MT again or until it's dead?
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Soh Raun wrote:Make ally NPCs follow you indefinitely (use again to stop)
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Olim Adasca wrote:Friendly classed NPC's (green aura with sense 2+), can be made to follow using mindtrick 1+. The following system is pretty decent, at least on astromechs.
Yeah I forgot about that, Mind Trick works fine on them...but if say you accidentally attack or something it can break the connection and it only lasts for a limited time period.
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Elu Dako wrote:
Olim Adasca wrote:Friendly classed NPC's (green aura with sense 2+), can be made to follow using mindtrick 1+. The following system is pretty decent, at least on astromechs.
Yeah I forgot about that, Mind Trick works fine on them...but if say you accidentally attack or something it can break the connection and it only lasts for a limited time period.
If it's attacked, it stops following, only interruptor just about. The following using MT is indefinite, as stated by Soh through Delmi's quote.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

There is also /npc follow; quoting the Commands List:
/npc follow <player> [targetname]

Follow: make a single NPC or group of NPCs with the given targetname follow the given player; use 'none' or 'stop' as the player to stop following
Scripted NPCs (with dialog) can make use of this command too, and I believe it has been done in the past.

So I think the suggestion described in this thread is already implemented, has been done and could be done again - it's more a RP suggestion in this aspect.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I didnt know that. maybe because i havent tried the RPG mod on a solo version on JKA. Maybe it wont run*shrugs* Is there any way to increase the speed of the droid bots?