rpmusic preview

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

rpmusic preview

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Ok, I will start with a disclaimer that I'm sure there is already a perfectly logical way to do this practically without having to add an extra command, but seeing as I'm not sure how I'll just offer up the suggestion anyway.

Sometimes when things don't go as planned when directing and you need a new track on the fly it can be difficult to automatically remember whatever track it is you need. It'd be great if we'd have some kind of preview command so we can hear the track just on our own computer for a second to confirm we're selecting the proper track. That'd save us from making some embarrassing mistakes.

Ok, now feel free to tell me how I can do that already ;-)
Azrael
Lost One

Re: rpmusic preview

Post by Azrael »

/music music/(name)?
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

I personally keep the music packs extracted in a folder and simply play them with the game minimized (so I can rapidly skip from a track to another, find the track I'm looking for and copy/paste the name).

However, you can also use Azrael's method, that allows you to change the game music only for you (other players are not affected with the simple "/music" command)

You can't choose what is right

Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

So, let me get this straight... you can change the music just so you are the only one to hear the change?

I sometimes want to mix up the music, because listening to the same track gets kinda old, so I usually resort to listening to my own music in background instead (aka, muting JKA music). So, if it's possible to change the music just for myself, that's actually good! :)
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

Azrael wrote:/music music/(name)?
Azrael's hit the nail on the head, this one's already possible.

"/dir music" will display a list of all the music tracks you have stored and then it's simply "/music music/[yourtrack]"
Last edited by Kih Bu on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Yeah, I keep ALL my music in base in a the music directory, so I can quickly go /music music/lightexplore15 or something, I seem to have memorized all my tracks cos I change the music so much heh.

Works on just about ALL Jedi Academy mods.
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Kih Bu wrote:
"/dir music" will display a list of all the music tracks you have stored
I did not know that. That's extremely helpful. Usually I ended up having to minimize every time to get the tracks names.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:
Kih Bu wrote:
"/dir music" will display a list of all the music tracks you have stored
I did not know that. That's extremely helpful. Usually I ended up having to minimize every time to get the tracks names.
/dir is useful for a lot of other things, too. For instance, /dir ext_data/npcs will display a list of all the npc files. Basically, you just use it to display the contents of certain folders in JKA whilst you're in game.

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Yah I thought there was some way to do that but I wasn't quite sure how. Thanks