Colour and Sound issue

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Rita Sandria
Lost One

Colour and Sound issue

Post by Rita Sandria »

So I come baring a new problem with my iMac. Not sure if both these problems have been present since the start, I know the colour one has, but as I transfer more and more files onto my imac and begin to use it and RP on it more, I really want to get these problems fixed instead of ignoring them. I'll describe each problem, now.

The colour glitch is a very odd one. The first example of it is water. The water in the game is as it should be, but the splash effects are like a red colour. The second example is lightsaber sparks. When you hit another player instead of the usual orange colour it's like a redish purple. The final example is simply the healing affect, instead of blue it's yellow. I've tried a few small things, but I'm lost on this one.

The sound glitch is also very odd. I don't know how to describe it really, what happens is when any sound is triggered like a door opening or a lightsaber clash, a player's hit sound is triggered, the ARGHs and OOFs from damage. So basically you open a door and you get the door opening noise *Schhhh* and then *ARGH!*. the ARGH was Kyle a few times, but once it was my own character's sound. This glitch is the more annoying one.

Also, if anyone knows how to do this viewtopic.php?f=60&t=6581 on a Mac that would be very much appreciated as a side note. Sorry, I've sorta typed this up in a rush.
Isha Veixen

Re: Colour and Sound issue

Post by Isha Veixen »

First off, not to bash Mac. I would love to have one for my musical work, but it's just sad that it has so many incompatibility issues.
However I think your problem can be solved.

Have you tried going into video in your game.
Setting colour depth to either 32 or 16
Do you have Vsync on.
Do you have texture quality to very high?

Your sound problem could be an EAX glitch if your game switches that option on automatically. Give me some feedback on all this please :)
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

Also, the default first response to any problem: Have you updated your video card drivers?

Species: Ryn

Rita Sandria
Lost One

Post by Rita Sandria »

Tried both your ideas, problems persisted.
Vaka

Post by Vaka »

I have the same problem, with both sound and effects. On my older mac(same type as this one) it didn't have these problems. Perhaps it has to do with the actual game, and not the computer?
Name: Vaka Kahjin
Species: Rodian
Homeworld: Rodia
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

I noticed that you said "transferring files". I hope you mean just skins and stuff. You are using the mac version of jka, yea?
Rita Sandria
Lost One

Post by Rita Sandria »

Of course Oberon, otherwise it wouldn't work at all xD

But when I said that I was more referring to personal files, unrelated to JKA, that allow me to only need the one computer instead of going back and forth for different things.